Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlbostick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 11:31 PM
    painting artist and title identification
    Please help me find the artist and title of this oil painting. It is a 48 X 54in. Abstract oil painting on canvas. It is signed daigonally on the bottom right corner with R H. Name:  oil painting unknown.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  183.2 KB
    Berns Posts: 41, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2008, 11:52 AM

Do you have a bit more info about it? Any marks on the backside? A title? The photoquality is weak, I can't even see anything on it.
    Which country are u, or where did u get if from? Any hint to a counrty? Or a date?

Oct 18, 2008, 03:59 PM

Please forgive me. I'm new to the area of art and not sure what you mean by marks. However, on the back side of the canvas BONIE is written in pencil the letters are about 2in. In height. There is a tag on the frame but the first person I talked to said the artist named did not create the piece I have. The second person told me that he was not an expert on the artist named but his opinion was the same. He said the person who painted it was a professional though. I have looked on some auction records for the title with no luck. The hand written tag lists the artist as Richard Hamilton, the title Xe GATE II, and a price of $550. It does not have a date. I bought the painting at a garage sale two years ago and was not given any additional information about the painting. There were a lot of other things at the sale from Germany, Russia, Thialand and the USA which is where I live. I will get a better quality photo and post it. Thank you
    Berns Posts: 41, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2008, 07:53 PM

No need to appologize, that's why I said it ;-)

"Marks" could be initials, stamp, any writing, symbol,. etc.

Is this a frame around? Just to get it right, it is signed in the right bottom-corner (on that blue stripe?) with R.H. but you doubt that it is Richard Hamilton... ok, I will check that if I can find anything, but I `d need a better pic.

Regards, burns

Oct 22, 2008, 12:54 AM
    There are no marks or stamps that I can see. There is a frame around the canvas it appears to have been there before the canvas was painted. I took some more pictures I hope they will be of more help to you.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting/artist identification [ 2 Answers ]

I inherited these three paintings recently. Has anyone ever seen similar paintings or recognize this artist?

Painting Identification [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to identify the painting I'm sending as an attachement. I gess that is an oil by a french painter of the beginning of the 20th century who may have bee close to the Nabis or more probably to the Fauves, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance Rebalthus

Oil painting identification [ 6 Answers ]

Need help in identifying artist's signature on an oil painting. The signature looks like Chl.iebert I can not upload jpeg because of size limitations. Any ideas? Thanks Jeff

Oil Painting Identification [ 10 Answers ]

I have an oil painting which I am attaching to my post here. Can you identify it and also the name of the artist? Thank you.

View more questions Search