Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karrowack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Wife selling my things while I am out of State.
    My wife moved out of our house. I got stationed away from home for up to six months in Texas.
    I use up to 90% of my paycheck on bills, vehicle payments and the house.
    Because she does not have enough money left over from her paycheck, she is taking my things from the house to sell on Craigslist. What do I do to stop her from taking my things from the house and selling them while I am stationed in another State?
    :mad:
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 05:35 PM

Well, do you want a practical solution or a legal action?

From a practical standpoint do you have someone you can pay or get a favor from to go pack and move your belongings to storage or something?

Legally you can file a suit against her for damages. It would be a civil case, most likely. If you are still married and she has access to the house I don't think the police would intervene. They'll say it's a civil matter.

I'm sure some sort of divorce proceeding could also stop her, but w/out being there to physically enforce it and know every time she violates any court orders I'm not sure how effective it would be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 05:58 PM

First if she is going into YOUR house that she moved out of, why did you not just change the locks? If she moved out with your stuff, sounds more like her stuff now.

You would have filed for a legal separation when she left and did a division of property at that time.

But yes, I would go back on a weekend off , get a Uhaul and move my stuff out or do something to stop her from going back into the home she left.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my wife take my son out of state ? [ 4 Answers ]

We have join custidy of my son but she is the primary custodial, can she take my son out of state? Without my permision? How can I stop this? I don't won't to lose my son ,Please Help,he is my life Thank you so much.

Name some things that make your wife mad. [ 22 Answers ]

P.M.S. No sex Asks you to help and you say OK in a min. Ask if you are going to take the trash out and you say in a min. Hide her sex toys Don't tell her she looks lovely today Throw away her fav. Nail polish even though it's empty You takeing her last drink of wine Not talking to her...

Wife left has apt and now coming in and taking things [ 16 Answers ]

My wife has left me and wants a divorce. She now has an apartment and is coming in to the house and getting her belongings. Which I agree on her getting her personal things. However can she just come in get what she wants when I am not here? I am not sure if she will gather up everything and...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

Selling house in ny state - question? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are selling our home in ny state. My name is not on the deed. Will this matter at the time of sale, as far as splitting profit. Do I need to have my name added before this takes place?

View more questions Search