Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChVonne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 08:29 AM
    New fixed rescue dog peeing near litterbox repeatedly in house
    I have 3 indoor litter-trained cats and 1 female, fixed house-trained dog. I've recently acquired a 2yr pit-terrior male (fixed). He is a lovable attention-seeking dog. He pees outside and never in his crate. Problem: it seems just when I am not looking, he will pee on the carpet near the litterbox. Probably territorial, how do I stop it? The cats need access to their litterbox and I'm fighting a constant odor-removing battle. Physical punishment is not an option in my home.

{Moved from Forum Help-<>}
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 17, 2008, 08:53 AM

I think he is marking his territory. Can you put the litter box in a room where he can't get near it, maybe using a dog gate that the cats can jump over? That or keep the litter box really clean and odor free, which would be nearly impossible to do with 3 cats (mine goes as soon as I clean it every time).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rescue peeing in house and crate in spite of training [ 1 Answers ]

We have an 18 mo. Old boxer that is a rescue. We have had him for 2 mo.s. From day one there have been issues with him peeing in our home. We have been treating him as a new puppy from day one. We cannot leave him in the house for longer than 2 hours at a time, this still after 2 months. If we...

Pup peeing in house. [ 2 Answers ]

okay, I thought that I was doing the correct thing to help my puppy learn that outside is THE place to go. I watch him carefully, and if he starts to look a little apprehensive, I put him on his leash, and take him to his spot, and tell him, "go potty", and when he does, I always praise him with a...

Peeing in the house [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is a year and a half old Australian cattle dog mix. I adopted him a little while ago from a shelter, and at first things were fine. But now he has started to pee when I put a leash on him to take him out, at first I thought I was waiting to long to take him and he couldn't wait. But he does...

View more questions Search