Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glessen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Using a furnace blower as exhaust fan
    I am trying to get the wiring for the blower I have. :confused: One side I have a black, white and red wire which goes to the plug. The other set of wires I have red, white, blue, yellow, and black. What goes with what? Please help me.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2006, 05:25 AM
    The white should be the neutral, the other colors should each be one speed, there is no specific color code for each speed. You may need to try each wire to find the speed you like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower Fan Won't Turn Off [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I installed a brand new programmable Honeywell to replace my the ancient mercury Honeywell that was on the wall. I have a 20+ year old forced air gas with central air. The side effect has been that the furnace blower will not shut off. Whether the system is in "heat" or "cool" or...

Furnace blower turns on and off [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace comes on and heats properly. After it turns off the blower kicks on and off several times more times.

Furnace blower? [ 3 Answers ]

This morning my furnace in the attic was making some weird sounds. By lunch time the was a burning smell through my vents. At lunch time no heat was blowing through my vents in the house. I turned the a/c on and still nothing. My unit outside is working fine too. What do you think it could be?

Furnace/blower. [ 6 Answers ]

Been searching but so far I haven't found any information that really helps me. I've lived in this house for about a year and a half now, it has the original furance in it(house was built in the 70's I blelieve). Last year the furnace worked fine, and had worked fine so far this year. I live in...

Furnace blower switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gravity furnace. On one leg of the system I' ve Placed a small 110volt blower fan with a manual switch. Is there any type of switch that can be wired into the 24 volt furnace thermostat so the blower only runs when the furnace is on.. I've added this to give a little heat to the...

View more questions Search