Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumdum64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
    No power to garage.
    Originally Posted by dumdum64
    I went to replace an extension cord in the garage that supplied power to the garage door opener, with a wire from the main panel to the opener in the garage. I put the wires in the same location were the extension cord got its power from.

When I replaced the main panel back I got a big spark from were the fuses are.

When I replaced the blown fuses I now have no electric to my detachaed garage.
    I used my meter but could not find any active current.

The main electric source is from the house in an conduit to the garage. It has 3 large black wires which have wrapped wires in each.

How can I check to see if the line's 3 large ones have current.[/i]

I checked the main panel in the house and everything in the panel has current. But I have no current going to the garage.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 05:33 AM

May I suggest that you call an electrician. Main panel work can be very deadly.
    hedlok Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Ditto
    dumdum64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    May I suggest that you call an electrician. Main panel work can be very deadly.
    donf,
    Thank You for your help! :D
    I took your advice and called an electrician.
    It was my doing, I had a couple of wires in the wrong place.:eek:
    I did not pay close attention or did not take a picture with my digital camera before so much a removing a screw.:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door power out [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I was having electrical problems in my home. My son thought that it was being caused by the microwave oven, so he moved it to the garage. One day I wanted to heat something up quickly, so I went to the garage and plugged the microwave up to the same outlet that my washer and dryer...

Running power to garage and continuing the power to a cabin later. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm building a garage this year and a cabin in the following years and I need to run power to the garage before building it. The service is about 60 feet away from the main breaker location and when I build the cabin, I would like to be able to continue the power from the garage to the cabin (120...

New garage power [ 11 Answers ]

Well I spent all my money building a new detached garage in my backyard. Of course I pulled the permit myself and trusted some of the concerns to be dealt with by subs. I had the plumber run me an under ground line for the power when they ran the sewer to the garage. Anyway the line was only...

I need power in garage [ 6 Answers ]

What is the cheapest solution to power my council garage, which will contain: 2 technics 1210 decks 1 standard mixer 1 amp 2 speakers 1 computer 1 monitor 1 modem

Power to garage [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently looking to run electrical to my garage. I live in Minneapolis, Mn. I have heard numerous ways in which to accomplish this but thought I would ask hear for some further advise? I would also like to put in two outside outlets with boxes and possibly lighting above the boxes in the...

View more questions Search