Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Icons changed appearance
    A few of my icons, not most of them, all of a sudden have changed their appearance. I have Window XP Professional.

Some have become faded, some have for example the icon was a telephone, now you see two partial telephones.

I have 33 icons and about 24 icons have changed including the IE icon.

Kaspersky antivirus protection is always running, I perform malwarebytes.org protection daily and trendmicro weekly.

In your opinion, what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

What operating system you're running, and its version.

Have you tried system restore to back to when this was not happening?
    tracer357 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2008, 12:32 AM
    Try this:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware review

Go to this site download the program and run it.

You could have some spyware, adware, or malware on your system that needs to be remove.
    Also try running this in safe mode also to be on the safe side.
    Also when you tried to do a system restore did you also try doing it in safe mode?
    But for now lets see if you have any spyware on your system that made some changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm having appearance problems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so this is totally embarrassing, but I am curious. I am 16 years old, and I have a problem. I have an enlarged clitoris of maybe 1/2 an inch to an inch. Is this normal? It has been here as long as I can remember and is a very embarrassing thing. Also, is it normal to grow a little more...

Passport appearance [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a passport with validation of 20 years. The passport was made in 1998 and the expiry date is in the year 2018. Now the problem is that the photo and the signature is 10 years older, so will this create any problem for migration. I am going to UK in the month of July as...

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

Why is she being so concerned about my appearance [ 3 Answers ]

My g/f has been trying to change my style for some time now. She complains that I never wear anything preppy or casual. She feels the only way that I would benefit from her actions is for her to lay out my clothes. She feels that the only way she could do this without me putting up an argument is...

New appearance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a young man. To participate in an special ceremony, I want to change my appearance to a young lady. How can I do this, step by step and what tip is good for me? You can see my pic too. Thank you

View more questions Search