Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beebeecee Posts: 44, Reputation: 13

Oct 12, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Is it ironic or humorus.
    That a girl who loves vibrators gets a job working in a battery factory?

The same week she gets her first vibrator?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 12:56 PM

How does the girl know if she loves vibrators if she didn't get one until she got the job at the battery factory?

I think it would've been ironic if she worked at the factory where they make the vibrators at, it would be funny too.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 01:58 PM

I would say as stated this doesn't rise to the level of humor. :)

It doesn't make sense that the girl would love vibrators not having used one.
    Melanie21 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2008, 03:00 PM

Maybe beebeecee means: I I I or H, that a girl who (now) loves vibrators got a job working in a battery factory (during) the same week she got her first vibrator.

(But it's not too clever anyway.)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 03:02 PM

Yeah, that could be it, m.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 03:37 PM

When I first it, I didn't get it. Then I posted my answer. I read it over and over, and I still don't get it.

Besides the response written above, I got that maybe the girl had a vibrator but no batteries or was using it without the battery. But after she got her job at the factory she got batteries for it. The confusion came when the second statement stating the following week she got her first one.

Or maybe she loved vibrators from looking at from stores displays, internet,etc. After she got her job she got the batteries and a week later she got the vibrator.

I don't know but the irony and the humor is confusing to me.
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Oct 13, 2008, 04:40 AM
    It says the same week she started working in a battery factory, not the following week. I took it as she got the vibrator on the Monday morning lets say and took a job at the factory that afternoon. After realising she loves them because she used it before work ;)
    Noirness Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beebeecee View Post
    that a girl who loves vibrators gets a job working in a battery factory?

The same week she gets her first vibrator?
    Maybe the use of the word "love" is retrospective and she in fact did not discover said "love" until after the simultaneous acceptance of a battery factory job and the purchase of a vibrator. So, at the time of posting, this love for sexual playthings had in fact developed but improper use of grammar led to confusion and discussion of point.

Overall I do not believe this statement to be ironic at all. I bet all the people working in the battery factory love SOMETHING that requires batteries.

Oct 13, 2008, 07:44 PM

I didn't realise two lines of text could cause quite so much confusion. I meant:

A girl gets a vibrator Monday, has a fantastic time with it; the next day(because who would jump up after an hour or two of doing something they "love; she goes and applies for a job at the local battery factory. I didn't phrase the original post quite right, and I didn't add the bit about wanting to work at a battery factory because of the DISCOUNTS.

Anyway, I agree with Noirness as well though I didn't think of it quite that way - that everyone at a battery factory probably loves something with batteries.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:09 PM

You should've wrote what you just wrote above in your orignal post so it would've cut down on the confusion. Now I understand what you was getting at.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:15 PM

I think that the terms "ironic" and "humourous" have been confused by the original poster and secondly, way too much discussion of this matter has resulted.

Oct 14, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
    I think that the terms "ironic" and "humourous" have been confused by the original poster and secondly, way too much discussion of this matter has resulted.
    Well, whenever I think of "irony" I think of a definition I heard in school way back when which is, "Irony is like a man with no legs getting a pair of shoes for Christmas." So I guess when I think about it, really think about it my post/idea isn't ironic, but is it "giggle worthy" even though cliche'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ironic timing [ 6 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up about a month ago and today his sister-in-law is having a baby... so as my bad luck goes my mom had sugery today and since my dad had to work afterwards I had to stay and sit with her... well of course she went into labor today... so I run into...

An ironic looting [ 6 Answers ]

Over the weekend it was reported that Yassar Arafat's home was looted and one of the things that walked was his Nobel Peace Prize medal . Looters raid Arafat's home, steal his Nobel Peace Prize | Jerusalem Post Perhaps it was ironic itself that a "peace Prize" named for a manufacturer...

View more questions Search