Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mportoca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Sewage odor comes from the kitchen sink.
    Hello I have this foul odor coming from the sink once or twice a day. What can I do> The garbage disposal is new!
    Thnak you.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 01:12 PM

Do you have a dishwasher?

Always run plenty of water when using the garbage disposal. If there is any left over food in the disposal it will stink. You can also try cutting up a lemon and putting down the disposal. Pouring bleach down both sides of the sink may also help.

Please describe the piping under the sink, it would be helpful to know if the sink is properly trapped and vented.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 01:49 PM

On top of mygirsldad,

Most bad smell is from the rotting food in kitchen disposals, try this tonight before bed time take a 1/2 gallon of bleach and pour it down the drain and let set over night. Next morning, (and this is important) flush out the drain with two large pans of boiling water to loosen the grease and flush the mess out, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell under kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Help! We have a terrible sewage smell coming from under our kitchen sink. We have had A plumber come 3 times. They thought it was the studor vent and replaced it but the smell Continues. Today another plumber came and thought maybe the new studor vent was Defective after he got to checking it...

Sewage Smell from kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, There are similar questions but not quite the same. I live in a modular home. When my washer drains the water bubbles in the left sink in the kitchen (it is a double sink), It also smells like sewage. It doesn't occur in any other drains. I was told it was because the water lays in the...

Sewage odor under sink [ 2 Answers ]

Sewer smell coming from under bathroom sink. The odor is so strong that it can be smelled alllover the house. Please help. Plumber suggested cuttting through drywall on back side to check connection. Is there a more exact way to determine what is causing the odor? Truk 1987

Sewage odor coming from bathroom sink only [ 1 Answers ]

We have a small 1/2 bathroom on the main floor of our house. We just started getting a sewage odor from the sink the last couple days. I pulled the drain stop out and pulled out hair, etc. I think I cleaned most of the stuff out. We just got a new washer and dryer and installed it downstairs about...

How to stop sewage odor? Old sink in garage was removed. [ 3 Answers ]

We had a plumber once remove an old laundry tub/sink from our garage. Then recently we had a sewage back-up which plumber came to repair... most likely was caused by tree roots. There is still a terrible sewage stench coming from the garage. Plumber thinks it may be due to gases coming from the pvc...

View more questions Search