Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d1it4fun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 03:46 AM
    94 Toyota 4x4 truck temp gauge shows hot
    When I start the engine, after a few minutes the temp gauge goes directly to the hot side. The engine is not overheating. I changed the temp. gauge sensor but that made no difference. I doubt the temp. gauge sensor wire is grounding because if it was, the gauge would immediately go to the hot side. What else can it be? It doesn't seem that the gauge itself is malfunctioning but I don't see what's left.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 05:23 AM

Thermostat
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 09:44 AM

How do you know for certain it isn't overheating?
    Is the cooling system actually full of coolant?
    If coolant isn't on the sender, it will show as an overheat, even though the engine is OK.
    Check the coolant level and let us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 toyota 4wd truck tranmission? [ 2 Answers ]

My son's 1989 toyota 4wd truck is not shifting well--doesnt move forward in 1st gear, 2nd works--pops out of 3rd gear--sometimes 4th works--5th gear works--reverse is awful--acts as if someone is stomping on & off the brake! Also when in nuetral sounds like some kind of spinning wheel is...

Toyota truck [ 2 Answers ]

I have just purchased a 1990 toyota pickup truck. Today the transmission would not shift out of low into second for a while and then it did. It is an automatic transmission. It has been shifting fine ever since. It did this briefly day before yesterday. What could be causing the trannie to not...

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

View more questions Search