Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valerie1521 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Wiring on a GE Profile Electric Free-Standing Range
    Hi,
    We're trying to install a new GE Profile Electric Free-Standing Range for my mom.

We hooked up a 3-wire, 40-amp power cord (red, white and black connector wires). But we've found an addition set of wires dangling on the back of the stove, above the main power cord: one white wire, one green wire.

The owner's manual (PB 970/975) says nothing about this, and we can't find a diagram online that explains these two loose wires.

Can anybody please help us out?

Thanks.
    Valerie1521
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 10:02 PM

Valerie1521- Look on the metal back cover panel ,there should be a electrical wireing digram on the outside of the panel ,The GREEN WIRE IS A GROUND WIRE, the white wire ( Could be a nutural wire { No power on it and it could also hsave 110 power on it ) So with out knowing I can not tell you which one it is and to be SAFE < I would check with the store that you bought it at As to WHAT THESE WIRES ARE AND IS THERE JUICE {POWER} ON THE WHITE WIRE HOPE THIS HELPS BUT TO STAY SAFE CHECK IT OUT Before MESSING WITH IT <220 VOLTS IS NOT ANYTHING TO MESS WITH> Good luck and stay safe and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric range wiring [ 4 Answers ]

4 years ago my home passed electrical inspection with the range wired on a 10/3 wire in a 30 amp breaker. Today I am finishing out the basement and the inspector tells me I need a 40 amp breaker with a 6/3 wire. Has the NEC changed regarding this?

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

Electric Range Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks ahead of time... I live in a home built in 1981 and the electrical wiring to the old Top range consists of three wires ( black, white and a copper bare wire). I bought a new Electric range that has connections in the back for four wires. My questions are: 1. do I purchase a three plug...

Free standing structures [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the best way to secure posts on a two post free standing shade structure? We want to be able to remove and replace posts in case of rot etc. The structure will be 10ft tall, 8ft long, 2ft wide with a roof covered by cloth material. It will be in a high wind area at times.

View more questions Search