Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hngkngfue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Condenser Fan stops after an hour
    To get the condenser fan working I have to use a stick something to get it started each time I turn the air on. Once started it will run for about an hour or so. What do you think the problem might be?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 10:12 PM
    You might try replacing the condenser fan motor capacitor with a capacitor of the same value and see if that helps if not a motor replacement is in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Condenser fan stops running [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the other posts about the condenser fan stopping. My question is that my fan will stop spinning for some reason, then we shut the unit down after awhile we will start the unit up again and it begins to spin again, but then it stops again after about 30 minutes or so. Can this just be...

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Well water system: shower stops whole house water stops and starts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plumbing/well water question. Recently our water flow has been stopping (during a shower or in the sink). The entire house water supply stops. Sometimes there is a noise - like air - as if we've been away for a month. Sometimes there is no noise at all, the flow goes down to a trickle...

Condenser fans stops/hums [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-i Have A Bard 10 Seer C/a Unit. Am Able To Bring Unit On At Tstat.it Cools For About 20-30 Minutes. Then The Condenser Fan Stops & Hums Loudly. I'm Able To Turn Fan Manually But It Won't Kick The Unit Back On. Any Ideas? Thanks

Replacing A/C - condenser or heat pump/condenser [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old and will not survive a scheduled reroofing of the building. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new condenser unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed....

View more questions Search