Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathy1528 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Kodak Software
    I recently upgraded my software because of the new camera I received, I can no onger access my old photos nor will the camera download. All I see on the screen is... " Easyshare cannot open thecollection. Once you update to a later version of software ypu cannot open the collection with an earlier version. Go to Kodak.com to download the latest version."

This has been going on for over a month and Kodak is of no help! Can you help?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Oct 11, 2008, 07:31 PM

It's usually better to purchase a USB adapter that's compatible with your camera's memory card, remove the card from the camera, insert the card in the adapter and transfer the images to the computer's hard drive using Windows Explorer. Many digital camera retailers sell the adapters, including pharmacies, office supply stores, computer dealers and large discount department stores. You should be able to treat the adapter/memory card combination just like an external hard drive or USB flash drive (sometimes called a "thumb drive").

However, If it's ever necessary to format the memory card format it with the camera, as it has much less ability than the computer to handle folders/directories with the wrong name.

Oct 11, 2008, 08:13 PM

Thanks... I'll give it a try... I was really disgusted with the whole thing.. over 600.00 worth of equipment and all of it virtually useless.
    Thanks again

Cathy
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2008, 08:33 AM

You don't need to use the Kodak software, for any purpose. You should be able to transfer the photos using any transfer software including the Windows Explorer (if you are using Windows), and view the photos with any image viewer. I like and recommend the free software program Ifranview for basic photo viewing and editing.

Oct 24, 2008, 12:32 PM

I just took a quick look and this is a possibility... I am 61 yrs old and really not too knowledgeable about computer programs. But I'll try anything at this point.
    Many thanks...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open my Kodak EasyShare program [ 4 Answers ]

I recently downloaded the new verson and now the new icon comes up but the program won't open. What should I do?

Kodak easyshare [ 7 Answers ]

How may I stop Kodak easyshare from starting at start-up. I have gone to 'msconfig' startup tab and removed the 'x' for Kodak easyshare to begin at startup. But when I reboot it comes back. I want to use it when I need it. I do not want it to show in my system tray after startup, routinely. ...

Kodak 5300 Easyshare [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a Kodak 5300 easyshare. I can manipulte the printer (test page, etc) using the Kodak software from the PC but cannot print from Windows apps. I have reinstalled the kodak drivers etc.. again tested OK It still will not allow printing from Word, notepad excel etc... gives...

Kodak Easy Share [ 6 Answers ]

In my work, I have to insert pictures taken with a digital camera and forwarded to me as an attachment, into a Word document. They also have to be resized to a height of 3.15. The pics are clear until I resize them, then they go blurry. Is there a way to enlarge pictures without this blurriness?

Kodak Camera [ 1 Answers ]

I've been using a kodak easy share camera for over a year and just received a new kodak easy share camera. Do I need to uninstall the software for the old camera before installing the software for the new camera?

View more questions Search