Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HollywoodCouple Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Best positions to conceive? ETC.
    Hi,
    I posted a question involving my fiancé and I not being able to conceive yet and its been almost a year now. But what I was wondering is if there were tricks, positions, ETC. that I could try to better my chances of becoming pregnant! I appericiate everyone who takes time out of their day to help me out with this!
    Thanks, Maddie
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 08:16 PM
    In all honesty, there are no tips, tricks or hints. It only takes one sperm to reach the egg.

Some people will tell you to use missionary style, while others will tell you "doggy" style... Some people will tell you to stay on your back for a while, yet others will tell you to put a pillow under your bottom, etc. In the end, it only takes one sperm, and it will get there no matter what position you try.

Have you had a pre-conception checkup? Have you ever been on any form of birth control? If so, what kind and how long were you on it? Also, are your cycles regular?

Oct 8, 2008, 08:22 PM
    No pre-conceptions, No birth control. My fiancé is the first man I have ever let inside of me and go all the way. My cycles are not exactly on time every month. But its generally correct. In my head I feel pregnant sometimes. I know that sounds weird but its true! I will start to feel sick to my stomach all the time, cramps, tired, nautious, and bloated with my period not even being near. Its weird. No one in my family nor his has ever had a problem with concieving..?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
    When was the last time you had a "female" checkup?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 09:05 PM

How to monitor when your fertile?

One good way is to monitor when you are most fertile. Some couples have difficulty getting pregnant because they are having intercourse at times when the woman isn't ovulating. This can make it surprisingly difficult to conceive.

There are a number of different ways that you can monitor your fertility. It is a good idea to start by monitoring your basal body temperature. This will help you to determine exactly when you are ovulating - your basal body temperature will increase when you are ready to release an egg. Keep a fertility calendar so that you know when you are ovulating. It is important to have sexual intercourse just before an egg is released, in order to maximize your chances of becoming pregnant.

There are a number of natural family planning methods that can also help you to become pregnant. Keeping track of your cervical mucus and using the rhythm method will help you to become more aware of your body's natural cycle. Try keeping a fertility chart - this will raise your fertility awareness, allowing you to pinpoint when you are actually ovulating. You may also want to look into purchasing a fertility monitor, which can help you keep track of your conception calendar and dates.

Also, you might might to look into ovluation kits, they work pretty well but can get costly.

You might want to experiment with different conception positions during intercourse. In order to become pregnant, your partner must deposit his sperm as close as possible to your cervix. Certain positions will allow this to happen more easily. Avoid having sex while standing, sitting, or with you on top, as this can cause semen to leak out of your body. Instead, try the missionary position, which allows for deeper penetration. Rear entry intercourse is also effective, as it allows your partner to deposit semen closer to your cervix. To keep any extra semen from leaking out of you, try elevating your hips for fifteen minutes or so after your have sex.

Also, you have to eat right.Eating right plays an important role in your body's fertility. A balanced diet helps to regulate hormones and nourish your reproductive system. A good diet also helps you to maintain a healthy weight, which can greatly impact fertility. Women who are underweight or overweight may have a harder time becoming pregnant because body fat levels impact the production of sex hormones.

It is especially important to include certain vitamins and minerals in your diet. Try to include:
    Vitamin C and Antioxidants: these vitamins prevent sperm defects and boost sperm motility. They also reduce stress on your eggs and reproductive organs.
    Zinc: zinc deficiencies have been linked with reduced testosterone and semen levels.
    Calcium and Vitamin D: A daily, dose of these nutrients have been shown to help increase male fertility.

Things to avoid are:
    Alcohol: alcohol can reduce your fertility levels by up to 50%. It can also decrease sperm count and increase the production of abnormal sperm.
    Caffeine: caffeine, found in coffee, teas, cola, and chocolate, has been proven to reduce both male and female fertility levels.
    Xenoestrogens: xenoestrogens are estrogens found in environmental chemicals and pesticides. Produce and other foods can have high levels of xenoestrogens, which, if ingested, may disturb your balance of hormones. Imbalaced hormones are often the cause of fertility issues.
    Also smoking can delay it because of chemicals in cigarettees.

Lastly, exercise can also be a good natural fertility treatment. When combined with a balanced and nutritious diet, exercise can help you to maintain a healthy body weight. Aerobic workouts like walking, swimming, and cycling is good.

Please note even if you try all of these things it might be no positive outcome. It took me and my fiancé over a year to get pregnant and for some women it takes that much time or longer. If you get no results within a year, its time to see a doctor. Stress can also work as a barrier, so relax and maybe once this happens, your be surpise on what can happen. I wish both of your luck in concieving.

Oct 9, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    When was the last time you had a "female" checkup?
    It has been a good while since my last check up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales positions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I am looking for travel sales people interested in part time work. I have been in the tourism and travel industry for over 17 years. We facilitate meeting and tours all over the world! Some of the Places we have been are Africa, Asia, Europe and Israel & Milan. We are interested in...

Fencing positions [ 0 Answers ]

Crossword question: fourth fencing position - five letters beginning with 'c'?

Football positions [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a diagram showing both offensive and defensive player positions.

Sleeping positions [ 5 Answers ]

Since I just found out I am pregnant I have done A LOT of reading. All the books say the best sleeping position is on your left side. I know that you should sleep on your side when you are farther along in pregnancy, but why your left side? Can you sleep on your right side? Does it really matter...

Player Positions [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know where I can go on the internet to get an explanation of what each position on the team is supposed to do and the names of each of the position. Sorry, but when I am watching a game, I would like to know what each particular player does.

View more questions Search