Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariahlynn1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I'm new.and hurting
    Hi. I hope someone can help me here. I just saw my OBGYN and he gave me a perscription to help start my mense. I'm 29 and was diagnosed with anorexia a while back but I have always had my mense. It wansn't a self induced anorexia my bodies motabolizism is wicked fast! I had one son four years ago and I supposse he was our miricle child for I have a very small uterus the doctor says. I know he doesn't tell me things so I don't get freaked out. But now I have the worst pain in my very lower left abdomon to where it is throbing and making me have tremors. I finished the medication and still no menses. I am having all these signs of menopause and I have no idea what is going on. Maybe someone might know what maybe happening to me. I'm in so much pain and I called the doctor and he told me to take IB prophin. That's not working. Ifeel something is very wrong. I have substained a wieght of 112lbs for almost a year now so what could be the problem? I have never had this issue before. If anyone has any advice I would very much appreiciate it. Thank you for your time.
    Love-
    MariahLynn

>Moved from Forum Help<
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 09:56 PM

Anorexia can cause your periods to stop. Your body simply isn't healthy enough to have a period.

If you are in this much pain then please go to your doctor at once. No reason to take a chance with your help, and no one on this site can diagnose you over the internet.

Good luck.

Oct 6, 2008, 10:03 PM

I know no one on this site can diagnose me but for some stupid reason I thought I might be able to get a little support from someone who might understand what is going on. I thought that this is what the site was for but I guess I was wrong again about these stupid forums. For once I wish I could just have someone be cool with me and releate. GOODBYE!
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 10:04 PM

Whoa, what the heck?

I've never been through what you're going through, so no, I can't relate.

I wasn't mean, I wasn't rude, I was trying to help.

If you don't like these "stupid forums" then why come here for advice?

Wow, some people. :(
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 10:30 PM

Hi MariahLynn

Altenweg is correct. Nobody on here can diagnose you but we can advise you to go see a Doctor straight away as you shouldn't be messing with your health. There are some good medical people on here and one in particular who is a qualified nurse ( J_9) and I'm pretty sure she would advise you the same thing.

If you aren't confident with your current Doctor I would also suggest maybe getting a second opinion from a different Doctor.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 6, 2008, 11:54 PM

If it is support you are looking for, then we are here to help. There are experts that may have not yet seen your question yet. We do this for free in our spare time, and are caring people.

I know the people that have answered you, and they are very compassionate people, so don't write it off because you may have taken the answer in the wrong way okay? Don't be so quick to judge, because you may have just missed out on some really good advice!

This is NOT a stupid forum, and in fact a very helpful forum, where you can ask anything you want. There are hundreds of new questions everyday, and sometimes it takes awhile to get to them.

If your Dr. doesn't tell you things, just so you don't freak out, then it really is time to find a new Dr. who will tell you the truth no matter what it is, so you can make your decision on how to handle it.

We don't know what kind of meds your Dr. has given you, but maybe you had a reaction to them? It's hard to say. I know that Altenweg is a valued member of this site, and she has two children of her own. Not everyone has had the symptoms you have described, but I know that she would have helped you in anyway she could if you would have given her the chance.

I think you jumped the gun there dear, and didn't give this site a chance. You said you are having menopausal symptoms, are you having mood swings?

Oct 9, 2008, 07:30 AM

Maybe I did go off the handle a bit and I appologize but I was in extream pain. If my question was read correctly I have kept my weight up for a long time and was not looking for someone to tell me my body wasn't healthy enough to have a period when I have had many since I have kept the weight on. It made me feel like I was doing something wrong when all I have been doing is trying to do everything right. I don't starve myself my body metabolizes food too quickly. This isn't a stupid forum. I'm kida dumb for being so cranky! I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I still hurt really bad and will be going back to the doctor today. I just hope you read this and know from my heart I.m am so sorry. I really have never been a mean person in my life. I was just looking for support and maybe run into someone who might know what I'm going through. I'm sorry.
    Love
    Mariahlynn
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 08:28 AM

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. Other people may have not answered, because they may have thought you left the site, but they might answer now that they see you are still here.

I know when you are in pain, your nerves are frazzled, and you can have a short temper. Believe me I know. I have to take pain meds everyday, just to keep the pain to a minimum, so on a bad day, I can really go off on people too. It sucks doesn't it?!

I have never heard of your particular problem, but maybe someone else will be able to relate. I'm glad you're going to your Dr. again. Don't let him get away with not telling you everything. You are paying his salary, and he owes you an answer to your problem. If he won't give you that, then go to someone else and get some real answers.

Good luck! :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariahlynn1 View Post
    Maybe I did go off the handle a bit and I appologize but i was in extream pain. If my question was read correctly I have kept my weight up for a long time and was not looking for someone to tell me my body wasn't healthy enough to have a period when I have had many since I have kept the weight on. It made me feel like I was doing something wrong when all I have been doing is trying to do everything right. i don't starve myself my body metabolizes food too quickly. This isn't a stupid forum. I'm kida dumb for being so cranky! I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I still hurt really bad and will be going back to the doctor today. I just hope you read this and know from my heart I.m am so sorry. I really have never been a mean person in my life. I was just looking for support and maybe run into someone who might know what I'm going through. I'm sorry.
    Love
    Mariahlynn
    Mariahlynn, truce. :)

I'm going to ask a few questions so I can better understand. Know that I am not a doctor, not a nurse, heck, not in the medical field at all.

Have you ever had your thyroid checked? You said that your body metabolizes food too quickly, could it be your thyroid?

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain, I really think you need to find a new doctor, your current one doesn't seem to be doing everything he can to find a solution. You shouldn't have to suffer every day. I don't know if there is a solution, but I do think that you need a doctor who will do everything to find one if one exists.

It's hard to be going through something when you don't know what the outcome will be, keep checking back here, we have so many people on this site, sadly, we also have a lot of questions and some get missed. I will alert a few people that I think may be able to help, hopefully they will be able to give you better advice.

As for being cranky, I'm a women too, I know what that feels like. It's kind of a right, isn't it? ;)

No hard feelings. :)

Oct 9, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Man... I can't say sorry enough times to you!! I am very blessed to be forgiven by you guys. I really have never been so nasty. I think I was at wits ends that evening. I am crying for the reason that you all are being so nice to me when I was so mean. I'm sorry.
    Love-
    MariahLynn

Quote: Do small things with Great love- Mother Teresa
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 12:06 PM

Please don't cry... :( it's okay! We've all been there, and you are in pain and stressed out. We will all be around to support you okay? You don't have to keep appologizing hun. Just talk to us when you need to vent.

Oct 9, 2008, 12:11 PM

To Altenweg - thank you for being so understanding! Being a girl is not fun. Well maybe sometimes it's fun. Thank you for your support and for your forgiving heart I don't want to get all religious on you or anything but the lord or what ever higher being you believe sees your great heart. My thyroid has been checked. This is a battle I have had since I was in high school. I just saw a different doctor today and she toatally helped me with the pain is thinking it's a tubebal pregnancy which runs pretty steady in my family for some reason. I am pretty lucky to still have all my girl parts at this age for all the women in my family have had early historectomies. Sorry if I misspell things. As you can tell I did not win the spelling contest at school. He he... Anyway she has great concern about the tenderness under my righ rib cage as well as the tenderness in my back and abdominal area. So she gave me pain medication for now until further testing can be done. Normaly I have extreamly high blood pressure and today becaucse of the provera to help start my period it was extreamly low. The doctor came un glued when I told her what the other guy put me through. Again thank you for being there for me and listening to me complain. Sorry if I offended anyone esspecially you Altenweg!
    Love-
    MariahLynn

Quote: Do small things with Great love- Mother Teresa

Oct 9, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Thanks so much starbuck8! I don't feel like I deserve such great forgivness. But thank you!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 12:20 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself. I know what it's like to crave an answer to what is wrong, and it seems endless. I'm so glad you saw another Dr. and I hope the test results will give you some answers soon!

I had a tubal PG many yrs ago, and if that's what it is, it needs to be taken care of immediately! I am going to email a few friends and see if they can give you more insight.

You can count on Alty (Altenweg) she will help you if she can. By the way... you can call me Starby. :)

Oct 9, 2008, 01:16 PM

Sure thing Starby! One of my down falls is being hard on myself. I am my biggest critic. What did they do to take care of that for you? I'm scared because I don't want to have to make a decision of keeping it or risking it. My family is a firm beliver in " you die having that baby if it's gods will" I just hope it's something else.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 01:36 PM

I understand. I'm my own biggest critic too. I actually don't remember the whole procedure that they had to do, as it was quite some time ago. I also had appendicitis at the time, so it's a little blurry to me now, because I was really drugged up. Whatever they did, they took the baby before it blew my tubes I guess, and I was never able to have a baby since that.

BUT, please don't think I'm telling you this to discourage or scare you. Mine was my own experience, and everyone's situation and health conditions are different. I sure hope yours turns out differently from mine. All I know is that is was urgent for them to end the tubal pregnancy, and I lost my baby.

I do have 3 (step) children that I LOVE :), so it's not all bad. ;)

I did send a message to a few friends, and I'm sure that they will come a running when they have time after their busy days!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Mariahlynn,

I'm J_9, the nurse that was mentioned above. I'll try to help the best I can.

Now, it may be very possible you have hyperthyroidism, as that is your metabolic system at work for you. If your thyroid is hyper, you have a high metabolic rate, and your body metabolizes nutrients faster than usual. Anorexia is a blanket term for not eating enough. It can be caused by medications, thyroid, or even mental illness, hence Anorexia Nervosa.

Since you have always had your period, and you maintain your weight well, I would venture to say that this missing period is not anorexia related.

Is it possible you have an ectopic pregnancy (tubal pregnancy)? Has your doctor ruled this out? As a nurse in women's health, particularly labor and delivery, that is where I would start if you would come to my unit. We would order an ultrasound to determine whether you have a pregnancy in your fallopian tubes... especially since you HAVE missed at least one period.

Now, I find fault with the doctor for not telling you things. You should learn EVERYTHING about your body and your health. Be proactive with your health.

Now, on a more personal note. I had not had a period in 3 years (this was years ago) and had been on the medicine to start my period... it didn't. Then about 6 months later, still without a period, I found out I was 4 months pregnant. So, missed periods do not always mean no ovulation.

Also, I was diagnosed with breast cancer some 12 years ago. The doctors told me that I couldn't have breast cancer and gave me many reasons as to why it was not possible. I persevered and found a doctor who would actually do a biopsy. If it were not for my insistence, I would not be alive today.

The lesson in this is that it is your body and you SHOULD know everything about it because it is the only one you will ever have. Make sure your doctor tells you everything, and if you don't understand make sure he or his nurse explains it to you in a manner you will understand.

Please keep us posted on what your doctor says.

Oct 9, 2008, 03:09 PM

Thank you for your response. It's weird you say something of brest cancer in your case because about six to seven months ago they found four lumps in my brest and told me I shouldn't worry about them because they didn't hurt. Now I am wondering if I need to get them checked out. Thank you again.
    Love-
    Mariahlynn
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 03:09 PM

Mariahlynn, listen to J9, she'd never stear you wrong.

I wish we could give you some definite answers, I really do. I'm glad that you have a new doctor, don't give up until you find out what's wrong, don't let the doctor give up either. If she has to run 30 tests two times each, then so be it, the important thing is to find the problem and finally get some relief.

We're all here if you need us, we can't physically hold your hand, but we can listen to you and we can offer advice, we can be an invisible shoulder to cry on when you need it.

This site is actually a wonderful place, otherwise I wouldn't be here, I usually don't trust anyone, and the people here changed all that. I count many of them as friends, extended family, I don't know what I'd do without them.

As for our first "words" to each other, there's nothing to forgive, we're all human, we can all get a bit hot under the collar at times. It's over and forgotten, no worries. :)

Please keep us posted, let us know how you're doing, and know that we're here for you. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariahlynn1 View Post
    Thank you for your response. It's wierd you say something of brest cancer in your case because about six to seven months ago they found four lumps in my brest and told me i shouldn't worry about them because they didn't hurt. Now I am wondering if I need to get them checked out. Thank you again.
    love-
    mariahlynn
    DO NOT let you ANY Dr. try to tell you not to get those lumps checked out! :eek: I don't understand why they would say you didn't have to worry because they didn't hurt. That is ludicrious! Please ask your new Dr. to check on this and go for a mamogram, and all further testing to determine what needs to be done. You do know October is breast cancer awareness month right? Well it should actually be every month, but now is a good time to go and find out. Early detection is crucial!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm hurting so bad [ 2 Answers ]

I found a pill it has the letters zc and the number 01 its small and round what is it

Hurting... Really bad! [ 3 Answers ]

Good evening, Me and my wife have a joint banking account.Recently my wife had a garnishment on our banking account from a creditor for $5000.00. This garnishment has frozen all money in our account for the next 30days. Is their anything I can do? My payroll check going directly in this account...

I am hurting so bad. [ 1 Answers ]

I am so depressed. I had left my last post with you all. I hurt the one I love. He will not see me. I want to tell him I am so sorry to his face. We have been like best friends for over 1 year. We talked about everything in our life. I could call him with my troubles.. and now I don't have...

Not hurting so much [ 1 Answers ]

Just because I'm not in a relationship yet after being separated for 2 years,my ex thinks I've not moved on! I thought it was about finding happiness within first before committing 2 anwother person.my ex jumped into a relationship and his telling my son he's depressed! Would someone be able 2 tell...

A hurting man [ 2 Answers ]

Im a 29 year old male and I have been experiencing pain off and on in one of my testicles what could this be?

View more questions Search