Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1stnewhouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
    LP tank distance?
    How close can your meter and your Service entrance be located? My plumber mentioned ten feet.. Can I bury the tank and it make a difference? Do you measure from the valve to the bottom of the meter?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 03:54 AM
    The National Electric Code classifies the area 3 feet in diameter of the valve of an outdoor tank as a hazardous location, which should be very easy to accomplish.

The meter must have no obstructions 30 inches wide of the meter, and three feet in front of the meter to allow normal access to the meter enclosure.

The actual location of the tank is subjected to the applicable code that regulates propane storage tanks. I must refer you to your plumber for this code. You can double check with your tank or propane supplier for the applicable code and restrictions.
    1stnewhouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Thanks!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance? [ 2 Answers ]

Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the...

Distance [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, it's me again. Has been a busy life since I was last on here so... with that said. Ever since me and the girl I was seeing broke up in late July... I educated myself on relationships and dating. I pretty much was a date-a-holic... and I eventually got tired of what I was doing because...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

Distance learning [ 1 Answers ]

helllo... I have newly joined this group... I am a computer engineer done my B.E. in computer science and presently working in Hindustan Aernautics Limited in Kanpur as IT engineer. I am interested in Learning more about the distance learning programe in IT which has got good market value and...

AT & T Long Distance [ 0 Answers ]

I think I'm ready to notify AT & T that we no longer want them as our long distance carrier. I've read and heard some nasty tales about AT & T. With this in mind, what's the best way to proceed? Also, should my letter be sent to their Avenue of the Americas address? Yes, I'm probably overly...

View more questions Search