Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfobooks Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Dad's debt
    My dad has credit cards solely in his name. My mom and dad own a house together. Is my mom responsible for his credit card debt? They live in New York.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2008, 12:10 PM

Depends on the community property laws of the state where they live. In some states, the wife is responsible for debts incurred during the marriage just as she get a share of assets obtained during the marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Dad's rules [ 31 Answers ]

Well, I have something to ask, and It's bothering me so much. There's this boy who asked me out. I like him he likes me, But My Mom and Dad forbid me to date him! My Dad still sees me as his "little girl" but I'm grown up now, and I think I may love this guy. HELP!

Dad's Truck [ 2 Answers ]

My dad is 78 and unable to drive the truck he bought in 2006. When I went to the dealership to ask about them buying the truck back, their offer was about $3000 below what he still owes. Other than putting it on the market and trying to sell it myself, what other options do I have?

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

Dad's rights [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do if my 6 month old daughters mum only lets me see my baby for a couple of hours on a Saturday and won't let me look after her over night? :confused:

View more questions Search