Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    made2last Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Computer freeze up - quit working
    I have a Dell computer with windows XP running with no problems until recently. I
    Decided to download the new Google Browser (Google Chrome Beta
    Version). After a month or so, I decided to uninstall it. That's when the problem started.
    A box would pop up asking "what program do you want to open with" and I would click
    Internet Explorer and could open any program. In an attempt to get rid of that I ran
    System Restore for a month back and ran Registry Mechanic which found 750 errors.
    Quite a lot for sure. Icons are on the computer but it won't do anything at this point.
    Is there anything I can do without getting the help of a tech at a local shop. Thanks... carol
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 09:29 AM

Go to CONTROL PANEL > Internet Options > Programs

Under "Default Web Browser" click the MAKE DEFAULT button to reset Internet Explorer as you browser.
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 06:34 PM

This is cause by a malware, try to run a anti malware software like malwarebytes and that should fix that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer freeze [ 2 Answers ]

My computer freezes for brief periods when I am watching a video clip. What can I do to run videos, movies without my computer freezing for short periods?

Quit working all together [ 1 Answers ]

Central heat and air. Heat is gas. House got really warm and I switched from heater to a/c. I turned it off at the end of the night and the next morning it was really cold so I tried to turn the heater on and nothing at all happens. I tried to turn AC on and nothing happened. I looked for a...

Fan Quit Working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze fan w/ remote in my living room. After installation, it worked great for about a year. After winter, I switched the fan so that it would reverse flow and push the air down. When I went to start it about a month later, the fan did not work. The light still works, but the...

Computer freeze [ 3 Answers ]

Am using win xp, when I open start menu on my desktop and then for e.g. programs-accessories- system tools, or any other program comp freezes up,can only access task manager by using ctrl alt del,which shows nothing happening, moving cursor over this window brings up egg timer icon, then have to...

View more questions Search