Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrpister Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Renter won't pay, won't move - any hints to get him out?
    I am in Vancouver Canada.
    I have a small house I rent by the room.
    One man moved in at the end of June for a short term whily he was to look for an apartment. Said he'd like to stay permanently. I said OK.
    Stalled on paying the agreed rent.
    He's still here.
    Hasn't paid almost anything. Our Rental's board is weak and too busy. They have given me three weeks to wait for a conference by phone.
    My question is. Even if they say he has to leave. What can I do if even then he won't leave. I know I can pay $1000 to $3000 to a Court appointed Bailiff. But the Bailiff won't make him leave if he refuses.
    Any tricks to make a tenant uncomfortable?
    I'm stuck and I'm behind in some of my payments at he's disrupted the whole house and now another younger tenant refuses to pay. I have no income and the bills are piling up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2008, 08:00 AM

I don't know how Canadian law differs from the US, but you need to go through whatever formal eviction process is available to you. Generally, with non-payment, you deliver a pay or vacate notice giving them 3-10 days to pay up or leave. If they don't leave, you need to go to your local housing court or equivalent for an eviction order. When the order is granted you then hire a bailiff to enforce the order and remove the tenant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord said since other renter could't run dropcord for power we needed to move [ 19 Answers ]

I live in blount county in Tennessee. We had been allowing two of the landlords other renters run power from us by way of a heavy duty dropcord. To make a long story short some things happened and one of our cars got damaged by one of the other renters so we unhooked their power and the landlord...

Any Helpful Hints [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a cople of questions:rolleyes: for anyone that might know. Why is it that every time I do someone's highlights the shade of highlights tends to turn out into a orange ugly yellow color? Is it that I might not be using strong enough bleaching powder? I once left a bleaching powder on my...

Any Helpful Hints [ 1 Answers ]

Hi' I have a question, I've been doing my own hair colorings and friends hair for a while now... but my sis in law wants me to retouch her highlights that were done by a previous hair stylist. Should I redoo the whole thing (base color & highlights)? Ans the reason I don't want to just retouch it...

View more questions Search