Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haloholdsmeback Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 07:55 PM
    My Chemistry teacher does not explain the work to the class and I am wondaring how to
    Determine the mass, in grams , of
    1. 3.00 mole AL
      4.25 mole Li
      1.38 mole N
      8.075 mole Au
      6.5 mole CV
      2.57x10^8 mole S
      1.75x10 mole HG
      .00003 mole Fe

My teacher does not explain to the class and I have no idea how to do this I tried asking him but he just says ask a friend and my friends don't care about there education.
    If some one could just explain to me how to do this that would be wonderful!
    BAMAstudent Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2009, 11:36 AM

I'm going to show you know to do a couple of these and you should be able to follow the formula and solve the rest on your own.

the first one, 3.00 mole Al:
    Using Avogadro's number you know that there are 6.022*10^23 molecules/mol. Therefore you divide 3.00 molecules of Al by 6.022*10^23mole/mol. This leaves you with 4.982*10^-24mol of Al. Now you can simply multiply by the molar mass of Aluminum(from the periodic table) 26.98g/mol which comes out to 1.34*10^-22grams of Al.

now 2.57*10^8 mole S
    divide by Avogadro's number and get 4.27*10^-16 mol of S. Then multiply by the molar mass of Sulfur which is 32.07 g/mol. The answer comes out to be1.37*10^-14 g of S.

The important thing to remember about these problems is to pay attention to unit!! Make sure you cancel out units properly and everything will fit into place.

Hope this helped!! Roll Tide!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone explain RSS Feeders and how they work? [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that they will give you updates on a particular site. I like to read certain blogs and their comments, but get lost sometimes and end reading stuff repeatedly. Can you explain it to me in simple terms? What do I need to set one up? I looked it up on Wikipedia and it wasn't much...

Is there chemistry at work here? Or is it in my head? [ 2 Answers ]

I am here because this is something I cannot talk to anyone about! There is a guy I work with who I am so attracted to, but we are both married. I would never cheat on my husband, but feel so drawn to this man. I have never felt such a pull towards someone else before. Is there such a thing...

Teacher asked to Nanny by family in class [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've been working at the same early childhood center for over two years. About one year ago, I began picking up a two girls before school. I wake them up, get them ready and we're off. The family pays me well for doing this every morning and it has been a nice supplement to my income. Now, the...

View more questions Search