Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    91DAinteg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Is this true?
    I read online that Delware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, and Oklahoma allow pregnant teens or teens who have already had a child to get married without parental consent. It says however in Florida, Kentucky, and Oklahoma you would have to have authorization from a court and Maryland reqires you be at least 16 years of age.

Is all this true? I'm 18 going on 19, could I mary my 16 year old pregnant girlfriend to get her away from her abusive mother who won't let us be together?
    How would it work exactly, would you have to be a resident of the state?

Could some one please help me out?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 06:41 PM
    To help you best, we would have to know what state you are in. You failed to mention that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 06:46 PM

Yes, part of the issue is, if you as a adult take a 16 year old out of state, her parents could have that marriage annulled and you changed with kidnaping if your state does not allow it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

What is true/not true about linked genes? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to clarify concepts in genetics about linked genes. I know that linked genes are located on the same chromosome and they always segregated together during meiosis and always separate during crossing over, right? And is the recombination frequency actually reprsent the distance between...

This is true [ 11 Answers ]

Is that a radiation shield in your shorts, or are you just glad to see me? A Swiss clothing company has generated a buzz in the blogosphere by coming out with a line of underwear beefed up with silver threads to protect a guy’s private parts from cellphone radiation. I thought the main...

I just have one wish. Can it come true? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a person who never asked for much in my life, and I have done my best to take care of my family, and be a good, loving person. I only want to ask for one thing, my ex boyfriend back. Since we ended 3 months ago, the light has gone out and I find little joy. He sometimes emails me or sends...

The one true me [ 15 Answers ]

The short time I have been on this site has taught me so very much. I also do feel all of your pain and wish to the heavens it would disappear for all of you. Tal said something incredible yesterday (when doesn't he :), that just really struck me. It was about knowing who you truly are. So, it...

View more questions Search