Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MBGrammer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 02:26 PM
    String trimmer
    How do I remove the cover to replace the string on a Weed Eater Featherlite? I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 22, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Typically the "scoop" is to hold onto the rotating part, push in on the "hub" that holds the string, and unscrew it. Try it both clockwise AND counterclockwise, as it will unscrew oppositely of whatever direction it normally turns.

Also, they can get VERY tight... turn real hard.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2006, 07:55 PM
    The little bump knob there, just hold onto the shaft, and pull on the knob, it'll pop out, the way to wind it is molded on the inside of it, there's a tiny hole to slip a little line in to hold it well. This is the cutting string and not the pull starter?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2006, 06:29 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with the answer before mine.
    Get a firm hold on the "bump" knob, and pull it off.
    I bought the electric model, and the instructions on how to change or add string came with it. I would never have known, unless I had read the instructions! Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homelite trimmer help! [ 3 Answers ]

What is the gas to oil mixture for a 30cc homelite trimmer?

Searching for large trimmer cord [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find large diameter (.170+) mower trimmer cord at a good price?

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

Ceiling Fan and String [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. ...

Homelite Trimmer Cord [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to remove the metal cylinder (where rod goes) so I can remove orange housing - and reach cord to replace. On top of cylinder is a piece that looks like it might have star screw down inside of it. Any help would be appreciated. Cyn

View more questions Search