Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

May 22, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Helpl! Squeeking Door!any Natural Products Available?
    I have a french door, and every time I open or close it - YIKES! The squeeks are driving me crazy! I would like to know if there are any "natural products" to use on the hinges as a way to solve this problem. I do NOT wish to use WD40 or this type of product. Any suggestions? Thanks:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 22, 2006, 11:43 AM
    I know it's not "natural" but would vaseline be an acceptable option for you?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

May 22, 2006, 12:06 PM
    I've used vegetable oil a few times before. Tap the hinge pins up and spread the oil on the pin with your fingers and reset the pin. Open and close the door a few times to work the oil in the hinge.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 22, 2006, 03:23 PM
    If its not metal but rather wood on wood (like drawers that screech) I have used soap too. Just rubbed it along the offending edge. I know, strange, but I didn't have any wd40 (didn't even know what it was then) and I didn't want an oil that could attract bugs.

It worked (shrugs)!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 22, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Talcum powder also works real well, esp. for squeaks in wood, no stain and easy to clean the visible material.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Euoko products [ 106 Answers ]

Has anyone used euoko whitening products. If you have can you please let me know whether they actually work or not? And how long it takes. Thanks

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Boycotting of products [ 13 Answers ]

I am just wondering what everyone thinks about of the boycotting of products that come from certain countries, companies, etc... I have several friends who faithfully do this but as yet I am undecided. For example, my friends don't shop at The Gap or at Baby Gap, because apparently The Gap's...

View more questions Search