Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katrinayukiko Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Where is my Scottish Dad?
    Mature enough to meet Daddy

my father was abusive.. me and my mother when I was very young ran way.
    I was born in hamilton scotland I now live in the northeast of england. I am 15 and doing really well at life so far... I am an a* student and hold down a job too. My mother doesn't know where my father is..
    his name is willaim pollock. He pays no child benefits, I cannot find him... I have never known what it is like to have a father... even if he is a naff one. I think meeting him would truly upset my mother... but in all selfishness I'd like to see him... not to favour him over my other.. cos I love her so much and her not wanting me to see him is only for protection.. I do not want to shout at him or ask him why he ade our lives such a misery I merely want to see him just once. Or even know if he is alive.. he is a criminal I hear but he's my dad and I hope he will be proud of me... x

if anyone thinks that they could help me I would be very appreaciative as all the search engines I have used are for usa and don't work... x
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 27, 2008, 07:27 PM

Would your mom have an approximate age for him?

What a beautiful name "Yukiko". It is a common Japanese female name. The meaning varies depending on the characters (kanjis) used to write the name. The syllable 'ko', mark of the feminine, is chiefly written with the character for "child". 'Yuki' may be written with the character for "happiness; blessing; fortune". Other possible combinations for "yuki" include: "help; assist" (yu) and "hope; beg; request" (ki), "snow" (yu) and "garment; clothes" (ki), as well as "journey; going; travel" (yuki).

Sep 29, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Comment on Gem_22205's post
    .. thank you... my real name is not yukiko though.. lol

Sep 29, 2008, 11:09 AM

Guessing late 40's eary 50's

Oct 5, 2008, 09:36 AM

Is Willaim the actual spelling of his given name or is it William? Also, Has your mother ever mentioned a middle name associated with him?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 09:44 AM

May I ask your mother's first name?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katrinayukiko View Post
    Mature enough to meet Daddy

my father was abusive.. me and my mother when i was very young ran way.
    i was born in hamilton scotland i now live in the northeast of england. i am 15 and doing really well at life so far... i am an a* student and hold down a job too. my mother doesn't know where my father is..
    his name is willaim pollock. he pays no child benifits, i cannot find him....i have never known what it is like to have a father...even if he is a naff one. i think meeting him would truly upset my mother... but in all selfishness i'd like to see him...not to favour him over my other.. cos i love her so much and her not wanting me to see him is only for protection.. i do not want to shout at him or ask him why he ade our lives such a misery i mearly want to see him just once. or even know if he is alive.. he is a criminal i hear but hes my dad and i hope he will be proud of me....x

if anyone thinks that they could help me i would be very appreaciative as all the search engines i have used are for usa and dont work...x

I am concerned that you are doing this behind your mother's back and you are 15. If you were older, I would feel differently. At your age you couldn't legally - in the US - hire someone to find him for you. I'm not sure about Scotland.

That being said, I'm sure someone here can help you if it's appropriate.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 03:39 PM

These are not particularly helpful - the first (logiweb) is a logiweb inrnet source site. It does not assist in locating people but refers you to pay sites that do.

You have to be "of legal age" to join peekyou and the OP is 15.

The third site set off my security feature but that just might be a problem with my computer. At any rate, went no further.

What was your experience with the 3 sites? Perhaps I don't know how to use them properly.

EDIT: I do notice OP has now added "Mature enough to meet daddy" to her original post.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    These are not particularly helpful - the first (logiweb) is a logiweb inrnet source site. It does not assist in locating people but refers you to pay sites that do.

You have to be "of legal age" to join peekyou and the OP is 15.

The third site set off my security feature but that just might be a problem with my computer. At any rate, went no further.

What was your experience with the 3 sites? Perhaps I don't know how to use them properly.
    First, a lot of search engines sites you've to pay a small fee. Anyone that uses these search engines knows that.

Secondly, the last site you don't have to become a member but you can use their search engine. They have a link for people finder white pages.

If you going use the site you should've time to use it thoroughly.

Hopefully you will come back because if anything Gem will be a big help.
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Oct 9, 2008, 02:55 PM

Katrina- I'm not sure how much help I could be helping you find him, since I'm not aware of the UK search engines... if anything, call a local talk show host that does these things... it's worth a try, and it is NOT free...

Just to share my experience... I am 20 yrs. Old and I never knew my father either... my mom and family always told me that he was in and out of jail, and was a "druggie"... I waited until now to really get down and dirty and find him... I FOUND HIM! Surprisingly, he is only 4 1/2 hours from me... he is the only possible father that my family has ever told me, so I took him to family court to get a paternity test done, yesterday we took the paternity test and now we have to wait a month for the results to come in... He never paid child support, never acknowledged me at all, and I'm not angry. You're right, don't be angry and don't yell at him. And as much as you say you love your mother, like you said she's protecting you, she might not be telling you 100% of the truth, because turns out my "father" wasn't such a criminal after all... I know you want to find him ASAP but you should really wait until you're 18 or so... maybe by then your mother will be willing to help you! And trust me, I never thought I would have so many emotions invested in this, but honey I do! It's exciting, sad, devastating, and it makes you question your mother. Good luck to you. :) And I hope you got something out of my post.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 08:45 PM

JudyKayTee disagrees: Could you be more transparent - ?

If your going disagree with someone it best that you reread the rating system and stop giving me reddie all because you dislike a person. That's not how it works and you should know that. You ask me a question regarding my response and I gave it to you and it wasn't mean.

When is enough is enough with you and how long do you want this to continue. I ignore you however you continue to try to provoke me because you want me to get kick off this site but it isn't going happen. Some people would be upset about this behavior but I find it flattering that someone takes time out their day to montior my every word. Thank you!
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    JudyKayTee disagrees: Could you be more transparent - ?

If your going disagree with someone it best that you reread the rating system and stop giving me reddie all because you dislike a person. That's not how it works and you should know that. You ask me a question regarding my response and I gave it to you and it wasn't mean.

When is enough is enough with you and how long do you want this to continue. I ignore you however you continue to try to provoke me because you want me to get kick off this site but it aint going happen. Some people would be upset about this behavior but I find it flattering that someone takes time out their day to montior my every word. Thank you!

Glad you're not upset or else you would post you were being stalked and report me. Oh, wait, you already did. How did that work out for you?

You also may - as usual - want to double check your "facts." I posted on this thread and you followed me (with your usual "everybody knows," incorrect, no facts to back it up statement).

And, no, I'm not posting out of "spike." I posted because you were incorrect - and I gave my reasons the sites you posted didn't/wouldn't work for a 15 year old with no credit card.

And, no, I have no authority to ban you from the board or suspend you or get you kicked off nor do I have any more influence over the moderators than anyone else.

As far as your past postings of incorrect or incomplete info, I've addressed that at some length on the legal board, some of which threads are still open, awaiting your response.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Glad you're not upset or else you would post you were being stalked. Oh, wait, you already did. How did that work out for you?

And you're welcome.

You also may - as usual - want to double check your "facts." I posted on this thread and you followed me (with your usual "everybody knows," incorrect, no facts to back it up statement).
    You keep bringing up posts from the past and carrying the on to every other post. I don't follow you and came to answer post to help the poster. She asked for sites and I posted some. Then you question it and I answered your questions and you disagreed out of spike.

Anyone on this site is entitle to their opinons otherwise people couldn't joined this site.

The issue at hand on this post was just that you disagree for spike and reddies are for untrue facts. When other members do it you be quick to point out the rules.

Going to go now I done entertaining you, enough for the day. Have a bless day!

Oct 11, 2008, 03:07 PM

Katrina, I am sorry but after searching through numerous listings for any and all William Pollock's, I'm afraid that you are facing a very hard uphill battle. Can I suggest possibly having a heart to heart talk with your mom about your wishes on this issue. Unfortunately, without a family members name to associate with him he could be anyone of the ones listed and you would never know. There maybe a piece of information your mother has that could help single him out in a search. Without it I don't believe there is much anyone can do to assist you. Take-care.
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Oct 11, 2008, 03:51 PM

You could write a letter to all of them, telling them your mothers name, and hope they remember and answer you back... thats what I had to do, but I only wrote the addresses that I KNEW he lived in at one point or another...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scottish Terrier Puppy won't Potty Outside [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend just got a scottish terrier puppy. He's 3 month's old and they told us he was crate/paper trained. He goes to his crate when we wants quiet time and at night for bed and has never made a mess in it (except to chew up his bedding) and when we lay paper down (in case of accidents)...

What was the date celtic won the scottish cup in 1995 [ 1 Answers ]

What was the date Celtic won the Scottish cup in 1995 my brother and I are fighting over the date?

Scottish record [ 2 Answers ]

On boxing day 1998 graeme armstrong played his 864th leauge game a scottish record but does anyone know what team he played for at the time

View more questions Search