Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Are the kittens OK?
    My cat had two kittens on the 20th, well one on the 20th, the other sometime before morning next day. We have two young male kittens about 5 mnths old and they kind of beat on the kittens and I'm not sure this is normal but the mom doesn't seem to care. My biggest concern is that she keeps toting around one of her kittens and leaves the other one unattended, and I think it's back legs might be deformed, but maybe they just look like that? They kind of spread kind of funny but they move. Anybody know anything?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 26, 2008, 11:26 AM

My opinion is the deformed kitten may have been injured in some way during delivery or just took longer to come out due to being deformed. If for instance it was breeched the pelvis or ribcage could have been crushed, and the mother cat can smell this type of bruising or internal injury and intends to abandon the kitten, instinctively realizing it probably won't make it.
    It's best to give her her own safe place away from other pets too much commotion could lead to her abandoning her new kitten.
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 09:02 PM

We try to give her our room with herself and the kittens in the closet but she wants to be with us. Both kittens seem to be healthy except for the ones hind legs, I'm just not sure what we're supposed to do if it ends up being handicaped or something. I'm still not even sure it is, I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how long a kittens legs take to form and work correctly so I will know when it should be using them right. Maybe someone's had kittens who would know how long?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2x 16 week kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My youngest of 2 cats (sachi) was killed by a car on Friday, and my mum thought that she would cheer me up with 2 new 16 week kittens, one male one female, reluctantly I took them, they were obviously very nervous and quiet. They were infested with fleas which I have treated them both, and washed...

When will my cat have her kittens [ 1 Answers ]

This is for the birds!! All I want to know is how long is it natural for a cat to be in labor before she has her kittens!! It takes forever to find a place to ask a question and then my message is to short? Give me a break and please tell me about my cat!:mad: :mad:

New kittens. [ 8 Answers ]

Hey there... I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice... I am really worried about one of my 2 and a half week old kittens... she can't put any weight on her back legs and they seem to spread out to the sides, the other 2 kittens are moving around fine and seem to be able to hold their...

Kittens [ 3 Answers ]

My two weeks old kitten has red pupils. Is that normal?

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

View more questions Search