Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Sep 25, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Why is paradise ''planted'' and not ''made''?
    It is written ''Gen. 2,8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.''
    This happens after the seventh day of creation . Until then God made everything and then He planted a garden known as Paradise .
    It is also written ''9... the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. ''
    We all know that the tree of life is Jesus because He said '' I am life '', so to me Jesus as The Word of God the Father preexisted creation because , the garden in which He was in the midst of was planted and not made.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2008, 06:34 AM

Remember that the Genesis account is written words that best reflect what the writer had from centuries and centuries of verbal tradition.

I think that in this case you can use "planted" to mean no different than "made".

Just me 1.5 cents worth.
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Sep 25, 2008, 08:02 AM
    The end of Genesis chapter one tells us that God had completed creation and rested from all the work of creation.

Chapter two of Genesis is only a summary recounting of the creation with the addition of more details of what God had done during the creation.

Adam and Eve, when created, had righteousness which would have led to their partaking of the Tree of Life IF they had not rebelled against God and "died". But because they died to "life" through sin, the "seed" was promised from heaven through woman to restore this righteousness which was lost.

Rom 1:17
    17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
    NIV

Rom 3:21-22

21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
    NIV

2 Cor 5:20-21
    We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
    NIV

1 Cor 1:29-30
    30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God — that is, our righteousness , holiness and redemption.
    NIV

The TREE OF LIFE is mentioned only in Genesis and Revelation (and also in Proverbs where it speaks of Christ, our wisdom from God). Genesis tells of the loss of this Life and the promise of its restoration to those who have faith in the promised seed.. while Revelation tells of the fulfillment of the promise of our restoration through the anointed one from heaven.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Sep 25, 2008, 11:42 AM

Because you have to plant a garden. When you form creation, you don't really plant it. Besides, these are translations from another language.
    Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
    I would say that the hebrew word, nata', sounds like the root nata, in latin. This root in other languages means birth.
    One more thought: the garden, when made, may have grown on it's own, after it was formed. The humans weren't really grown, but formed.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Sep 25, 2008, 10:33 PM

Imagine how difficult it would be if your teacher for example says A but really means B.
    Or your parents , or your friends , or your husbands and wives , or your kids.
    How would we be able to understand their will?
    God always says what He means and God always means what He says.
    Yes , Jesus used parables , but no parable tought by Jesus referred to something but really meant something else.
    So if God says I make then He means I make and if God says I create then He means I create and if He says I plant then He means I plant
    .God is no human author who wants to impress us with his talent of using words.God is our Father who wants to teach us!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Planted cherry tomatoes low yield [ 3 Answers ]

These tomatoes are easy to grow. But this time the yield was Only three tomatoes. What did I do wrong. Yes I did fertized. This cherry Tomatoe plant is in a large pot whereas last year it was in the ground. Did not take suckers off. Watered everyday. Appreciate the help Hollywood, Florida

Ficus Trees Planted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My gardner just planted 5 Ficus Trees in a raised planter I have that stretches the length of my back yard and is about 16inches wide. The raised planter is composed of a 6 foot retainer wall in the front with a 16 foot back wall. My backyard faces a private community, hence the reason for...

View more questions Search