Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkeydue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
    On Toilets
    We have two toilets. When one is flushed the other loses water in the bowl. So what is going on here?;):confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 01:13 PM

Probably it's a venting issue. One toilet is creating a vacuum and pulling water from the bowl of the other toilet. You must have air to replace the water flushed. If a vent is partially clogged, air will come from a trap such as your other toilet.

What's the confusion?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 24, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydue View Post
    We have two toilets. When one is flushed the other loses water in the bowl. So what is going on here?;):confused:
    Ron nailed it. This is a clogged vent causing one toilet to vent through through the other suctioning the water out of the bowl. My bet is that the two bathrooms are back to back. The solution would be to snake the lavatory bathroom roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flushometer Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a flushometer toilet in my home that I need to replace. The bowl sits on the floor and the flushometer attaches through the back wall. Since this is my home and not an warehouse or airport, I was hoping to find a flushometer toilet that looks as much like a regular tank toilet as possible....

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a low level toilet with a push button to flush it. It has stopped working and upon opening it the configuration is baffling. I need the loo. Any ideas urgently please.

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what happens if you flush a sock down the toilet

Toilets plugging up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I have two toilets on the main level of my home. One is the main bathroom and the other is off the master bedroom. They are about 15 feet away from each other and I believe that they use a common sewer pipe. In the last few weeks they each have plugged up a few times each. It is easily...

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

We are almost ready to buy our toilets and I was wondering which brands you have had good luck with. With the low amount of water now used for flushing I want to avoid as many problems as possible. Thanks!

View more questions Search