Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zoecoxon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 02:00 AM
    Is it being taken too far?
    I did something with a boy two years ago and now two years on I'm still being teased for it by a nickname. The guys always say it or do notions to indicate the nickname when I come into class? I've tried ignoring them but now I'm getting so tired of ignoring them or telling them to shut up or just laughing with them, I don't know what to do.
    vexation Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 24, 2008, 02:31 AM

Hello
    Where there is action there is a reaction
    Patients
    You may just have to wait until the people around you grown up and forget
    I also hope that you have learned a lesson
    Zoecoxon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vexation View Post
    Hello
    where there is action there is a reaction
    patients
    you may just have to wait until the people around you grown up and forget
    I also hope that you have learned a lesson
    Thanks, I know its just hard and I just find it so unfair how so many other girls do so much worse things all the time and what happened to me wasn't even that bad and it happened two years ago but still I'm the only one who gets teased?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 11:42 AM

YOu just have to ignore them; what they want is a reaction.
    saprophilous Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 02:16 AM

Self confidence is key. I think you know that they are being childish for calling you such names -- and yes, they are all children. I believe that you have learned from your experience, and for them it is easy to treat it like a hilarious tidbit until the shoe is on the other foot. If it is hurting you, you should tell them with your confidence that they are being extremely disrespectful and childish. They might tease you for trying to stick up for yourself, but at least you'll have the gratification that you did -- and at least they won't get away w/o remembering what you said... for a time that they are mature enough to get it.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 07:03 AM

If they're giving you a nickname, and making this such a big deal, they have the problem, not you.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 03:59 PM

One day they'll grow up, and they'll be sorry. You're not in an easy situation, but you have to be stronger than the teasing. What they're doing is wrong. Keep your head on straight. I wish there were a better solution...
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Sep 27, 2008, 06:28 PM
    You have done all you can. The best thing to do is laugh along with them and it usually stops. You have tried that and it didn't work. If you have the courage just tell them "enough already". My guess is they wish you had done it with them instead. Make this be an example and not to do anything in private you wouldn't be proud of. Remember whatever you do in private whether anyone else knows... no matter what you know and you have to live with yourself and you can’t hide yourself from you so you always have to live with it. Take this as a growing experience.
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Sep 28, 2008, 12:34 AM

It is unfortunate that more people can't just chillout and mind their own buissness. I had a somewhat siuation myself and you just have to stay clam and keep your head and confidence up. Yes it is a learning expereince but do not let it scare you into becoming a hermit or thinking everyone is as disrespect and childish. Also do not beat yourself up because that is not going to do any good. These people have to get a life . Stay strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search