Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sid_7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Network adapter
    Hi. I have windows XP. Have problem with my network adapter drivers. I use a broadcom netlink network card.
    I have a yellow exclamation mark next to the driver in device manager. It shows an error code 31. I try to uninstall it but it doesn't let me.. says failed to uninstall because it may be used to boot the computer. I have tried downloading latest drivers of the card, but it won't install them. My network card is fine, I know this because I have Ubuntu linux on the same computer and I am running internet on it perfectly fine. But I can't connect to the internet on Windows XP. Kindly help
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Possible fixes to try:

... then reinstall network card driver. Manually deleting any cached driver files first may also be necessary. A full system backup beforehand would be prudent too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network adapter [ 3 Answers ]

I am back again.. by the way I never resolved the other issue but was wondering if I could trouble you again. I am trying to install Comcast onto my laptop but it says I do not have a network adapter. Now the question is this. . talked to comcast no help talked to some other people no help. What I...

Driver for internal Network Adapter/Card? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, After installing windows XP I found that the driver for the internal Network Adapter/card was not installed. We tried to install it manually without success. With the "old" External Network Interface Card, the brand name and other details were easily obtainable and armed with this...

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

Network Adapter Question [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got Comcast Internet. If I ever want to upgrade my P.C. or switch network adapters, can I simply unplug the modem and put it into the new network adapter? Do I need to contact Comcast or do most cable modems allow that kind of switching easily?

View more questions Search