Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ritzy2806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Evaluation of paintings
    How to evaluate an art painting that how much it should be costing?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Hi, ritzy2806!

If it's an original work of art, its monetary value will depend on a number of factors, like, the overall quality of it, who painted it, how much that artist's other works tend to sell for as far as cost, the style of painting it is, the subject of the painting, and many other things...

Ultimately what something is worth monetarily is dependent upon what someone is willing to pay for it.

You have asked a question the answer to which depends on many variables that are very subjective.

Is there a particular reason that you are asking the question in the first place, please?

Thanks!
    kminni01 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2008, 10:12 PM

The price of a painting should be determined by the detail, quality, and where / to whom you are selling. The more intricate and detailed it is the more the view will actually look at it and be more interested. That is when the price rang starts to rise up. I've realized this from personal experience. Don't go overboard with the pricing though. Be reasonable, because for one, not everyone can just throw their money around, and two, you can always come up with more ideas and sell more at lower prices. I sell a lot of my pieces from $50-100 and I make a good deal of money because I constantly come up with more ideas and keep selling, but then again it depends on where you're selling and to whom. I hope I was of some help. Good luck!

<3 kt
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 10:14 PM

Hi, kminni011

Are you an artist?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neuropsychological evaluation [ 3 Answers ]

What is a neuropshycological evaluation?

Project Evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

(please explain your answer, showing any calculations that you used to make your decision) Project Evaluation. Kinky Copies may buy a high-volume copier. The machine costs $100,000 and will be depreciated straight-line over 5 years to a salvage value of $20,000. Kinky anticipates that the...

Oil paintings [ 2 Answers ]

This may be for the category, if there is a better catagory; please let me know. When I first bought oil paintings they said that the value appreciate for them. I have had some oil paintings for 20 years. Two of the frames, I repainted. I would like to change up and get rid of some. Is it...

View more questions Search