Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperaterose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Washer woes
    Is it possible to hook a portable clothes washer up to the hook-ups for a full washer instead of the faucet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 09:18 AM

Yes you can... but the hose attachment is where you encounter problems: it is designed to fit on your kitchen sink spout. You may have to modify the hoses or replace them completely. Drain hose is no problem and requires no modifications. Just insert it into drain opening.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Milo did not go deeply into that problem. You have one incoming fill hose currently. You need to make a manifold so that line splits into two line reaching bot hot and cold. Most all of the stuff you need is right off the shelf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub woes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a moen push/pull knob that will not completely turn off. A slow but steady stream runs all the time. The pull for water works fine but when you push for off it is kind of hard to push in and does not completely turn off. What can I do?

Virginity woes, or maybe not. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I am a 21 year old virgin. I have never had a girlfriend, kissed a girl, or even held a girl's hand. I went on one date with a girl when I was 16 and it was really awkward. The thing is, I'm OK with being a virgin right now. I really just want someone to go to dinner or a movie with....

Kenmore Heavy Duty washer woes [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty washer, model C110 4870880. It has started to leak what looks like oil from underneath. There are no corresponding sounds or smells, but for a little while now, the knob sticks at the second rinse point. If I move ithe knob slightly, the machine moves into that cycle,...

Kenmore washer woes [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old Kenmore heavy duty washer that has been so faithful till now. The washer will fill up and start aggitating. It keeps aggitating until the spin cycle, then stops... I'll move the timer a tad, and then it will continue aggitating... it will not spin or drain. Could this be the timer?...

View more questions Search