Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 10:09 AM
    NK, as tom and Rick noted most of us get along just fine. Heck, I'd even sit down and have a beer and BBQ with you :)

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -H.L. Mencken
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 10:14 AM
    That quote doesn't apply to Canadian politics - we don't live in fear here nor do our politicians cultivate that atmosphere.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That quote doesn't apply to Canadian politics - we don't live in fear here nor do our politicians cultivate that atmosphere.
    No, you'd rather cultivate it here.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Am I a politician?

you = fail at smearing.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Am I a politician?

you = fail at smearing.
    It’s interesting how you nitpick details when it’s expedient for you but ignore them when they’re not. Here’s the point, NK, you throw bombs at us all day then condescendingly portray Canadians including you as above the fray. Politician or not, you obviously enjoy fear-mongering and smearing everything you don’t like about the U.S. including us personally. That’s being a good neighbor isn’t it? I may have to reconsider what I said before, I’m not sure you could set aside your differences long enough to have a beer and get along for a while.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
    You sound bi-polar. You come out of nowhere and accuse me of being a fear mongerer (sp?) on this site then say you'd have a beer with me. Thank god for the anonymity of the internet at times.

And yes, Canadians are above what you guys do, generally speaking.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
    You sound bi-polar. You come out of nowhere and accuse me of being a fear mongerer (sp?) on this site then say you'd have a beer with me. Thank god for the anonymity of the internet at times.

And yes, Canadians are above what you guys do, generally speaking.
    LOL, right on cue ignoring the details. I tried to show I could set aside our differences before you insulted me with "you = fail at smearing." You have it backwards. So just one question, which of us at least made a gesture of goodwill and which of us ignored it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song named "Deeper"? [ 3 Answers ]

There is a song that I think is named "Deeper". It was featured in the movie "About Schmidt" during the wedding scene. The movie stars Jack Nicholson. I've tried searching songs named "deeper", tried looking on the movies soundtrack and still I can't find out who sings that song. Help if you...

Frecnh Thinker named "Hello" [ 2 Answers ]

His first name was translated here,so I can't find him.It was something like "Ernest".The book I have was published in 1920 here,as a translation and its name would be translated as "Weird/strange stories". The first story is named "Louis",I believe,and it is about a greedy man,who deports his...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search