Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 16, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Honeywell thrmostat- what is this piece?
    I'm no electrician so bare with me... it a round thermostat that says honeywell in middle.. took the ring surrounding it off... can see the dial and screws that mount it but there is this adjustment slider thingy at the bottom.. what is it and where should I have it placed... also the person who put the thermostat on did it crooked will that affect the heating shutoff and turn on temperatures?thanks for any help :confused:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 08:55 PM
    I am almost sure the thermostat tha you are talking about is a mercury switched thermostand and if it is unlevel it will not regester right because the mercury will not be level.

The slider thing that you mentioned is a heat anticipator, and should be set according to the amp rating on your gas valve, and it is sometimes hard to find on the valve. I would set it at something close to .6 then this winter you might have to adjust it higher. It only comes in to play in the heating cycle. If your heating cycle is real short and the heat come on and off sften then it needs to be set higher.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 16, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Thanks I was wondering what that thing was called... so I need to 1st level the thermostat... then adjust the slider to around .6

What exactly does .6 mean?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 09:54 PM
    Those are measurements of amprege in tenths... so .6 is six tenth of an amp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Champion 2 piece Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Have had toilet less then a year and has worked fine lately seems not enough power to properly flush toilet. Possible flush valve seal?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a bathroom in my new garage addition, and am seeking input for the 36" Sterling shower enclosure. 1) Instruction state that back and side walls can be attached to bare studs or over water resistant wall board. Any opinions on which is best? 2) The base I plan to...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?" They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image)...

A piece about forums in general, but mainly this one. [ 130 Answers ]

Please note this is a long rant, but I'm in that kind of mood. I have been active on this type of forum for many years. I started on the excellent WHQuestion, now dead, and have been active on a lot of other sites. Overall I have had a lot of fun and games and met some very fine people and had...

One piece shower leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one piece shower that is leaking. I have taken the quarter round off around the front of the shower unit and the adjacent base boards and water is slowly seeping out from under the shower. The quarter round trim was very wet. Is there anyway to get the remaining water out from under the...

View more questions Search