Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lreddmann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Evict 7 day renter
    If I serve a 7 day lease termination for non-payment, when can I evict?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Eviction laws vary a great deal from state to state so we need to know where you live. We also need the details regarding the lease if there is one. Normally a 30 day notice is required.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 12:06 PM
    If your state law allows a 7 day notice to terminate for non-payment, and if the tenant hasn't paid by the 7th day after the notice, then you can file a lawsuit for eviction on the 8th day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ Renter Law [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how the water bill works in my town. I live in North Bergen, NJ and have some problems with the landlord saying that I'm not allow to have visits in my apartment (2 bed) because the usage of the water would increase. She said that she pays the water bill, including the tap...

Renter in a foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard so many different answers to this foreclosure deal. Unfortunately my boyfriend and I are in the same boat. Our deal is our lease was up in February and we corresponded with the landlord then and he didn't want us to sign another lease because of the situation. So here we sit in the...

A renter looking to evict family members [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I made the silly life choice to let a family member stay in a property that I rent for just a few months while she got her stuff together to find her own place. Well as you can guess, she has yet to get her stuff together and it has been two years. She does pay rent to me for the...

Renter [ 1 Answers ]

I rent and occupy a two family dwelling shared with my landpeople, husband and wife team. They switched our furnaces without notifying me. Suddenly my gas bill shot up after the switch. Did they have any rights to do that without notification? :-/

View more questions Search