Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinysmoo70504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Parental rights
    How can my children's father voluntarily give up his rights too our 2 children. We were never married but they do have his name. He is on the birth certificate.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Sep 18, 2008, 06:42 AM
    You can look around and read any one of the hundreds of threads on this subject but it all comes down to one answer...

He can't, unless its to allow an adoption.

He can choose not to be involved, not to take visitation and give you full legal and physical custody of the children so you can do what you want but he will always be able to come at any time and take a part in the children's lives if he wants. He will also be on the hook for support.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Are you married to a man that wants to adopt? If not then it won't happen so just forget it. Like said above he can choose not to be involved so that you can raise them as you want but he can't give up his rights nor can you take them from him.
    major cricket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I got guardianship of a child. I am going for full custody with intent to adopt. Mother has signed over her rights to me.father does not have anything to do with child. No support whatsoever. In order for me to adopt, I have to take full rights away. How do I do that? Question 2 what do I have to do legally to satisfy a judge that I have tried the best I can to find this absent father? What measures do I have to take to even get started?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Well the father of my child is paying child support and he claims he is not the father now he is saying that he is going to press charges on me for signing his name to the baby's birth records when I didn't and I have a copy that he signed so can that hold up in court and he is not taking care of...

Parental rights [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my son is 3 months old. The father and I broke up when I was 2 months pregnant. He is not on the birth certificate, no dna test have been done. We want him to give up his parental rights. Does even have rights since he hasn't legally acknowledged my son as his.

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way to get the parental rights removed from an absent parent. I live in Arizona and my ex is somewhere in Michigan, I think. He has pretty much abandoned our son over the last 9 years. I am remarried and my husband would like to adopt him.

Parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

Ifyou give up your rights morally you obligated to pay for your child but legally are you obligated

View more questions Search