Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 10:25 PM
    How many ways can a person show love to have his/her sins forgiven?
    Today's gospel lesson come from Luke 7: 36. One of the Pharisees invited him to a meal. When he arrived at the Pharisee's house and took his place at table,
    37. Suddenly a woman came in, who had a bad name in the town. She had heard he was dining with the Pharisee and had brought with her an alabaster jar of ointment.
    38. She waited behind him at his feet, weeping, and her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them away with her hair; then she covered his feet with kisses and anointed them with the ointment.

39. When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who this woman is and what sort of person it is who is touching him and what a bad name she has."
    40. Then Jesus took him up and said, "Simon, I have something to say to you." He replied, "Say on, Master."
    41. `There was once a creditor who had two men in his debt; one owed him five hundred denarii, the other fifty.
    42. They were unable to pay, so he let them both off. Which of them will love him more?"
    43. Simon answered, "The one who was let off more, I suppose." Jesus said, "You are right."

44. Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "You see this woman? I came into your house, and you poured no water over my feet, but she has poured out her tears over my feet and wiped them away with her hair.
    45. You gave me no kiss, but she has been covering my feet with kisses ever since I came in.
    46. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
    47. For this reason I tell you that her sins, many as they are, have been forgiven her, because she has shown such great love. It is someone who is forgiven little who shows little love."
    48. Then he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
    49. Those who were with him at table began to say to themselves, "Who is this man, that even forgives sins?"
    50. But he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
    Question...
    :confused: How many ways can a person show love to have his/her sins forgiven?:confused:
    :) Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred (arcura)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 11:44 AM

It's about showing strong emotion along with a humbled ego, Fred. Then the healing begins. :)

There is only one way.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Choux
    Thanks for your opinion of that.
    It is a good one.
    Peace and kindness
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move on if you still really love the person. [ 58 Answers ]

Me and my 7 year boy friend broke up, after that day it appears that he was courting someone else... but its truly unfair because we had 7 years relationship just to dump me like that when he found someone new... what should I do to win him back? His my life, my entire life from high school to...

I fell in love with someone I shouldn't of. Am I a bad person? [ 7 Answers ]

Well to begin, I met somebody new and i started talking to him. I've grown really close to him and i realized that i really like him. But, he's madly in love and i fell for him. Am i a bad person to have feelings for him when i know he's happily in love with someone else. I'm really sad but then i...

Will I fall in love with the right person ever? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up after 15 months. He had cheated on me for 5 months and I think he was seeing someone else who is now his girlfriend. Will I get him back? Will I ever fall in love with the right person?

Show love to the person we like.also is a fault? [ 1 Answers ]

For the few month ago, I met a gal while I participated table tennis competition. She is a incharge person of this competition. So, since that day, I decide to know more about this gal. After the competition, we also got meet each other. Date her for dinner, training table tennis together,...

View more questions Search