Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crys4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
    How do I relinquish my exs paternal rights?
    I'm in a complicated situation where I have 2 children and 2 fathers neither are fit to care for my children in the event something happens to me. How do I take their paternal rights away, so that if something happens to me they'll end up with their godparents instead of the fathers??
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Can you prove they are unfit? Can you prove they are a danger to their children? If not then you have no chance of taking their rights away. There are hundreds of threads on this subject read some of them and the sticky at the top of the page you will learn a lot. You can leave mention in your will that you want the boys with their grandparents but it if their dad's want them they will get them then the grandparents will have to go to court to prove them unfit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do my daughter father give up his rights

Relinquish rights [ 2 Answers ]

How can I relinquish my rights as a parent and will I still have to pay child support

Relinquish rights [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to reliquish parental rights on a daughter that I do not see nor know. She is 3 years old and seen her once. I have my wages garnished by the state for child support because she receives the TANF assistance. I will never know my daughter. The mother now has a new husband. Can I...

Voluntarily relinquish rights [ 2 Answers ]

My ex was not ordered in our decree, however now after 11 years my ex husband has convinced my son to move in with him. Now he's convinced he deserves the support. If I voluntarily relinquish my rights am I still obligated to pay child support?

Relinquish Paternal Rights & Adopt spouse's child [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my husband now for 2 years (legally married just recently). I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship (never married). My husband wants to legally adopt my son and I know that my son's biological father has to relinquish his paternal rights. My questions are: do I...

View more questions Search