Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burford belter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Leaking tub shower tap set
    I have a Danze tub-shower tap set. The cold water tap drips. I replaced the cartridge and the spring and cap set at the back of the cylinder. I was not able to obtain the original units but ended up using the cartridges from a Home Depot Glacier tub and shpwer faucet set. The cartridge seems to be a perfect match but there is still a slow leak from the cold water side. Any possible solutions. To replace the whole unit would be a lot of work with the pipe to the shower behind a wal.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Swapping out another brand is not a good idea. If you have absolutely no other choice or moption remove that cartridge. Clean the inside of the valve body and the cartridge with a soft cloth and then grease them with plumbers grease.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
    When you replaced the cartridge did you turn the water on to flush out the supplies and the open valve body? If not you may have a small bit of trash caught in there that prevents it from closing all the way. Open up the valve, remove the cartridge and flush the unit. Reassemble and test. Work better now? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Shower Pan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 9 yr old house with a concrete slab foundation. On the first floor, the shower is on an outside wall. I am noticing what appears to be moisture on the outside, at the brick line down into the foundation. It is in a triangular pattern pointing down. Therefore I don't think it is coming...

Leaking shower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a shower in the basement that has ceramic floor tile with grout on a concrete floor and ceramic wall tile with grout on a block wall. Its leaks in one corner of the floor and it's the only place I can see water. Is there a way to seal the grout to prevent it from leaking without tearing up...

Shower pan leaking ? [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound like a dumb question, but I am a first-time home owner and I'm not sure who to call about a leak in my shower. I'm pretty sure it is the shower pan that is leaking. Do I call a plumber first? Or a contracter? I'm confused. Please help. Thanks.

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

View more questions Search