Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalila516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Lien
    My boyfriend and I bought a home in Virginia last year. He had some bad debt that he managed to keep from me and the mortgage broker. More specifically he had a car that was repossessed 5 years ago and now he owes them almost $20,000.00. Can they (the car company/holder of the repossessed car) put a lien on our house? That being said, he may be at risk of having his current vehicle repossessed. Would this car company also be able to put a lien on our home?

Please. I know. I'm horrified.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dalila516
    Can they (the car company/holder of the repossessed car) put a lien on our house? That being said, he may be at risk of having his current vehicle repossessed. Would this car company also be able to put a lien on our home?
    Hello d:

If they sue and win a judgment, yes.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOA lien [ 6 Answers ]

I have rental property and I have just found out that my property has a lien on it from the HOA association. I have owned this house for 7 years... and received bills and paid the dues until 2005. At that time, I got a divorce and totally forgot about the HOA fees... in fact, I thought...

Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I RECEIVE DISABILTY direct deposit into my checking account. I just found out by calling the bank that I have lien on my account by a long Islland attorney.I live in the state of Ga. Can my disabilty check be taken?

Car Lien [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a used car a little over ten years ago, and defaulted on the payments less than a year later. So it's been 9 years, and the bank never reposessed the car. However, I am stuck with the car as the bank has a lien going back to the purchase, and holds the title. I am in the state of NY....

Lien on a Car [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: Ok so here is the question please bear with me, I got this car from a private dealer that my ex knows. On the title that I signed it said that the car was paid in full, there was no lien on it whatsoever. It was not notarized with me present. A couple of weeks later my boyfriend (ex now)...

HOA lien [ 1 Answers ]

I need to file a lien on a unit in one of the hoas I management in los angeles California. This unit is being sold but owner owes over $3,000 in due and special assessments.

View more questions Search