Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nwener Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Briggs straton riding mower:batter will not hold charge
    Craftsman riding mower w/ Brigs&Stratton engine (model 310707). The new battery will hold a charge. While running, meter indicates discharge. It seems something is sucking the charge out within hours.

Could it be solenoid?

I'm stampeded.

Nick
    Kansas City
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
    A short somewhere in the system can cause the drain. Check you wiring harnass for shorts, check the headlights too. Have you checked the wires coming from the engine to see if it is actually producing any voltage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil capacity Briggs and Straton Push mower 4.5 hp [ 4 Answers ]

How much oil do I put in a Briggs and Straton Bolens push lawn mower? Model 11A-084E765 4.5hp Verify- the best type of oil is straight 30 weight, right?

Briggs 12 hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I has a problem with a defective float needle and I bought a carb repari kit. Everything went OK except I am having trouble adjusing the carb to run without having to have the choke partially open. I see a float needle adj and an adjustment on top of the carb. Anyone have a manual or instruction...

My snapper mower battery will not hold its charge [ 2 Answers ]

I will give details to my last question. I have a Snapper rear engine riding lawn mower. It is a "series 23" with a 12.5 hp Briggs engine. The battery keeps losing its charge. I have replaced the battery with a new one. The first time that I mowed it cranked fine. The next time that I needed to...

My snapper mower battery will not hold its charge [ 1 Answers ]

I will give details to my last question. I have a Snapper rear engine riding lawn mower. It is a "series 23" with a 12.5 hp Briggs engine. I have replaced the battery. The first time that I mowed it cranked fine. The next time that I needed to mow, it would not turn over, only a clicking sound. I...

Snapper Mower will not hold battery charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 HP snapper riding mower with a key start up switch. The batter would not hold a charge so I replaced with a new one. It started fine the first time, but after cutting grass once and then parking it for a week the mower won't start again, plugged a battery charger to it and started it...

View more questions Search