Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Helping get a new girl started
    I just opened a new salon. I have a full book and have not advertised. I have a young gal who is taking her state boards now and wants to start working for me as soon as her license comes in. Any ideas on how to get her started? Discount services? Throw an Open House? Thanks.
    thestylist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I would ask her what her goals are as a Cosmetologist? Does she plan on getting her own clients? Is she just going to wait for walk ins? Do you know if she is a good Cosmetologist? Has she showed you any of her work yet? Like on a real person? I own a salon also and I was very lucky because I have a cousin who has owned her own shop for 20 years and she has taught me allot. Let me know how you make out.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Hi, cutters!

Congratulations about having a full book already without doing any advertising! That's pretty cool! I would guess that you do a lot of networking. Would that be correct?

I do like the ideas above about checking her out.

Do you have a website for your business? I have an idea about something concerning getting the word out without it costing you anything if you do have a website.

The idea about having an open house sounds good to me.

Thanks!
    thestylist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:12 AM
    I do not have a website yet that is my next task. I am not the sharpest cranyon when it comes to websites so I will be looking for some help on this. Do you have any suggestions for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just started dating a girl who has a boyfriend. What should I do? [ 15 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 19 yr old guy that recently met an 18 yr old girl. She was a friend I knew from before, I think she was interested in me a long time ago when I had a girlfriend (we broke up). I asked her how she was, and she said that she had a boyfriend (of 6 months). So when we met up, her first...

Started thinking about a girl [ 3 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year I sarted seeing a girl. But she ended it befire it got seriouse. Recently I started thinking about her again (I don't no why), then a work colleague asked me about her this week, and I'm thinking about her more, now I really don't no what to do. What suggestion do...

Just started dating a girl - found out she's been raped by mom's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Here is the situation. I started dating this 18 year old female 3 weeks ago. We have been sexually active for all 3 of those weeks. I have herd nothing but bad things about this guy that her mom is dating. He's verbally abusive and treats the mom, my girlfriend, and her 14 year old sister like...

Helping my son [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son, who has had a less than favorable childhood, served 4 years in the Marines ( 1 which was served in Iraq) , got out about 6 months ago and is on a downward spiral. He definitely has a drinking problem and emotional problems that go back to his childhood and his less than...

Helping with ED [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has ED from time to time. Usually doesn't have a problem with it, but the times that he does it make him feel aweful. Is there something I can do as his girlfriend to help him out with this, other than medication?

View more questions Search