Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    save19251 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 11:29 PM
    There are many avenues for help that you can follow here. The worst thing you can do in this situation is to isolate yourself with your thoughts. You can seek out a doctor and get a referral to a psychologist who can help you with your problems through counselling. Psychologists are professionally trained people with the necessary registrations who aim to help people with their problems. You can seek out a self help group to speak about your issues and get support in a non-judgemental envrionment- you can search online for such support groups. They are a great help, usually do not cost you anything and offer you support at times when you most need it. You can go to your doctor and ask for a referral to do Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is a great way to address all the negative thoughts you are experiencing including depression and loneliness. Such sessions are run by psychologists and are usually free. You can join groups that you are interested in to make friends - at a club or somewhere such as a choir, public speaking group, arts and craft group and so forth. Self help groups like beyond blue in Australia deal with depression. There might be similar groups you can get in touch with. Google Ron Coleman and Rufus May. Ron Coleman is a recovery mental health expert who has a web site. If you email him he can help you. Rufus May is a psychologist in the UK who has recovery approaches to mental health. He has a web site. He can help you if you email him. Richmond Fellowship is an organisation in Australia and the UK who help people with things such as depression - see if you can contact them.
    save19251 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
    [QUOTE=save19251;3253867]There are many avenues for help that you can follow here. The worst thing you can do in this situation is to isolate yourself with your thoughts. You can seek out a doctor and get a referral to a psychologist who can help you with your problems through counselling. Psychologists are professionally trained people with the necessary registrations who aim to help people with their problems. You can seek out a self help group to speak about your issues and get support in a non-judgemental envrionment- you can search online for such support groups. They are a great help, usually do not cost you anything and offer you support at times when you most need it. You can go to your doctor and ask for a referral to do Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is a great way to address all the negative thoughts you are experiencing including depression and loneliness. Such sessions are run by psychologists and are usually free. You can join groups that you are interested in to make friends - at a club or somewhere such as a choir, public speaking group, arts and craft group and so forth. Self help groups like beyond blue in Australia deal with depression. There might be similar groups you can get in touch with. Google Ron Coleman and Rufus May. Ron Coleman is a recovery mental health expert who has a web site. If you email him he can help you. Rufus May is a psychologist in the UK who has recovery approaches to mental health. He has a web site. He can help you if you email him. Richmond Fellowship is an organisation in Australia and the UK who help people with things such as depression - see if you can contact them.
    Regards,
    Save19251
    jman45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Hey Smitty I can relate.My career choice just intensifies the lonely feelings.All we really can do is take it day by day.And remember no matter what happens trust in God to help you through your daily struggles
    grandmaof2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Hi I also have some of the problems you mention. I am 44 an Have had social anxiety since I was small, as I got older I was still unable to communicate with anyone I would shake really bad. I went to doctors got put on meds they helped but I still had other bad feelings an the meds stopped working. I cry all the time. I never do anything right. I have lost some of my memory. I read the bible an other stuff hoping it will help. But it is a hard situation an some just don't understand. I have no friends period. I'll pray for you because I know the problems you mention an I hope it will help. You may have already found a something that is helping, but I will still pray.
    jman45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Don't feel too bad.My memory is also getting worse.You might want to find a church in your area. Getting plugged in can be very helpful with combatting your anxiety issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am feeling very lonely and depressed. [ 19 Answers ]

Some of you may recognize me from some of my postings on relationships. If I look back at my life even just a year ago, I was very active and not feeling so depressed. I own a business that's doing well, I have several great hobbies, I have great friends. The average person would say " Why are...

Depressed and lonely [ 8 Answers ]

I have been married for over 10 years but there was never any growth in our relationship. My partner is short tempered and at times very violent. I have been enduring a lot of mental abuse of late. Since the last couple of years my partner has been asking me for a divorce but wants me to make the...

Overweight, depressed, lonely. [ 63 Answers ]

I am a single woman and am suffering a lot lately due to poor decisions I've made. I'm in a job I hate. My parents are elderly and sick. I'm 5'3" and almost 260 pounds. I eat constantly. I sleep after work until night time, then I wake up and eat. I call phone sex lines to talk to men. I've...

Feeling lonely [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know really where to begin at, first off sorry about spelling and punctuation I'm writing this kind of fast, anyway, this is pretty much how I have been feeling for a little while now. I don't think I'm really depressed or anything but I just feel really lonely, like I have nothing to do...

Lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Basically ill try and explain as briefly as I can... im in a mess - I feel lonely and depressed! I've been involved with a few lads over the past year, I have never actually got with any of them, as I am petrified of commitment! I find myself becoming VERY easily attached to lads, as I enjoy...

View more questions Search