Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franny1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 06:11 AM
    New carpet
    I have a reltively new carpet that I am having problems with.It appears to have pulls in it that I have to pull out as my vacuum won't get out.can you help.:confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Most carpet installations require a seam or two here and there. If your vac has a rotating brush it may snag somee loose threads and start a run. Once this has happen you are pretty much up the creek. If unsure of how to stop further problems call your installer back and lodge a complaint, he might be able to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet Carpet [ 5 Answers ]

My carpet in my bedroom is wet. 1 1/2 foot diameter. There is cemet under the carpet. There is not a roof leak. My water bill has been higher than normal. What can be causing the wet spot?

Carpet over carpet [ 1 Answers ]

The carpet in my basement is glued down and it's almost impossible to pull up. It is only about 1/8 th of an inch thick maybe a 1/4 inch at most. Is there any reason why I can't leave it and put new carpet over the top. I thought I could consider the old carpet as padding, put tack strip along...

Charged for carpet replacement, carpet was not damaged [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of an apartment and was charged $569.06 to replace the carpet. There was one stain, approximately 12x12 that I agreed was damaged. When I moved out, the Apartment Manager alleged, in writing, that I had a pet. I did not have a pet. I am an 18 year Flight Attendant and literally...

Pen Ink On carpet [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get blue pen ink out of my carpet? The ink has been there a for about a week. I have tried sevaral cleaning prouducts but, they do not work. :rolleyes: Thanks a lot.

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

View more questions Search