Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    healthandwealth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 10:00 AM
    About relationships
    What does it mean when a man tells you I love you, I love you, I love you but I am not in love with you. He explains that men sometime take longer?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
    That means, "I really like you but I know girls like to hear the 'love' word, so I'm going to use it in hopes you stick around while I work out whatever issues I may have in the meantime. I also might want to kiss and hug and sex you up some, too, I hope that's OK with you since I told you I love you."

It means you need to stop listening to what he says, it's completely unreliable. From now on, you will judge him solely on his actions and commitment level. That's truth.

This isn't the kind of guy you are exclusive with. I would suggest that if you continue to date him, you also keep dating others casually, just to be safe. There are a LOT of men out there ready to make a commitment when they meet the right girl... who might be you.

It would be so unfortunate to miss out on those opportunities because some double-talking guy keeps you tied up for years before finally throwing you away anyway.
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 14, 2008, 04:26 PM
    When someone loves you then you are like a friend they just love you. But when they are in love with you then they want more ;) lol Maybe it will take him longer to fall in love with you. I usually feel like that with guys when I start dating them. I love them at first but fall really hard for them after a while.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 08:17 PM
    I love you but I am not in love with you
    Not a good idea to expect much from someone who says that.
    He explains that men sometime take longer?
    A nice way to say "Don't expect much"!
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Sep 15, 2008, 12:30 AM
    He's trying to tell you all men act like he does, which isn't true. Some men are going to date with one eye out for other possibilities they may want a shot with (which sounds like he's doing) while some are willing to focus on one woman at a time.

He's saying what he thinks you want to hear while trying to do it in a way that's not too dishonest for him. So he's saying he cares about you but isn't committed to just you & isn't sure that's going to happen for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 06:12 AM
    He wants you to prove your love, or he will get someone who will. Walk away from this one, as he could care less about how you feel. He wants what he wants.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Tal was right.. walk away from him as his only concern is himself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: well the thing is I like this guy and he like me to but we live in 2 diff states and plus I'm afraid to get hurt again cuzi have been hurt so much latley I'm really scared andi just so worried that if I date him then it gt happen again and I hate getting...

'How to' in relationships? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all, I believe that I am very naïve when it comes to relationships. I started my first 'real' relationship 2 years and 5 months ago and to this day I feel like there is something lacking between my significant other and I. The problem is, I can't seem to figure it out so I will ask every...

God in relationships [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a relationship conflict with someone who I have religious differences with... He is Christian and I do not believe in God. Although I do not believe in God, I do believe in religion. I want my kids to go to church (probably whatever religion my partner is) because I feel it would...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I feel that I resist leting anyone get close, that I'm better off as a loner, but I want someone to love me. This tendency could be residual effects from a strained Mother-Daughter relationship. What should I do to improve my relationships?

View more questions Search