Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    varma78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 09:55 AM
    H4 Visa
    Hello,

My wife is currently on H1B and she is planning to change to H4. She is planning to go to India in a few months. Does she need to file for Change Of Status first and then go for Visa stamping at the consulate after receiving the relevant approval papers OR can she directly go to the consulate for stamping without filing for change of status here?
    Please help!

Thanks,
    Varma
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
    She needs to file for change of status and after getting an approval, she has to go to the consulate for visa stamp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

Can my wife apply for a visa different from the Dependent visa she got? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm French, I married a girl from west Africa and I brought her to the UK.We have been together for 2years. But now I can't support her anymore. She aborted twice; she refused to give me a child because she said she is not ready. She's always insulting me comparing her exes to me.I stop the...

View more questions Search