Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 13, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Pointy shoes.
    I love these kind of shoes.

But anyone got any tips on making it feel well... comfortable? It kills. :rolleyes:
    mechisopa1234 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Well, if they're not comfortable, don't wear them, but that's your own choice. Another thing is make sure they fit properly. Don't force yourself into wearing them if they don't fit. Try wearing them for a few days and break them in, yes, I know this will hurt, but it's worth it in the end.
    IndustryMommy Posts: 26, Reputation: 7

Sep 13, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic
    I love these kinda shoes.

But anyone got any tips on making it feel well.... comfortable? It kills. :rolleyes:
    I love pointy shoes, I look for styles that offer wide sizes even if I typically don't wear them. It gives your toes more wiggle room while still accomplishing the pointy toed look comfortably.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Hello there! It's nice to find other ladies out there whose tastes are so close to my heart.

I live in florence, italy, which as far as I'm concerned is the pointy shoe capital of the world. It's also full of cobblestone streets that have hundreds of years of wear and tear upon them, which makes walking in beautiful shoes an art form in itself.

My secret is a fantastic cobbler. I take tight shoes there to get stretched. It costs about 5 euros per pair. It's sometimes the difference between blisters and a comfortable fit. If you do get your shoes stretched, make sure to wear that day and/or the day after to help keep them from shrinking back.

Always make sure the shoes are the right size. I can't tell you how many gorgeous pairs I have that are half a size to a whole size too small. It's emotionally painful. Also, the higher quality the shoe is, the more comfortable they often are. High quality leather will also mold better to you.

Another secret is in the shape of the heel. I find that the thinner the heel is, the harder it can be to walk long distances. Even if a heel is significantly high, if the shape is good, the walking is better.
    misskiddo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 01:22 PM

I agree with linnealand.

Although, I'm personally not a big fan of pointy shoes. I'm more into the round noses, that's just my taste though. I feel like they make my feet look too big for my body, as I'm not that tall.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misskiddo View Post
    I agree with linnealand.

although, i'm personally not a big fan of pointy shoes. I'm more into the round noses, that's just my taste though. i feel like they make my feet look too big for my body, as i'm not that tall.
    Lol, I know what you mean. I'm 5'3'', so I'm not particularly tall either. To be honest, that's why I wear them! The first time I put on pointy boots, I felt like a witch. It takes some getting used to. But when you see someone who's really smartly dressed, you don't think to yourself, "there's some really pointy shoes for ya'...too pointy..." no, you just see them looking good. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoes in the house [ 33 Answers ]

Hi! I have been looking forever on the internet for an answer, but haven't been successful... maybe you can help. We are getting new carpet tomorrow and we do not wear our shoes in the house... but, when we have company, they will come in with the nastiest shoes you've ever seen! How can I let...

Shoes too big [ 4 Answers ]

OK I recently bought 2 very cute pairs of peep toe shoes from steve madden website. I normally wear a size 9.5 but sometimes their shoes don't fit properly and I would have to get a 10. So I decided to be on the safe side and get a 10 in both pairs. They fit good, but the only issue is that there...

Where can I find shoes like these? [ 1 Answers ]

I've only seen on websites that say it is coming soon to U.S. but I think the site is old... Has anyone seen them in stores?:confused:

Shoes [ 10 Answers ]

Wow ! Great ! Thank you people for the warm welcome ! Here is my first question.. We do not wear shoes at home as it is considered unclean . SO a pair of my shoes are kept outside in front of my door as it is used often and it is

Shoes off in the office [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am about to start a new job as s secretary in a medium sized firm. Is is Ok to take off my shoes in work and just go in my stockinged feet, - should I ask first? I am used to doing this in my current job, and hate the idea of wearing formal shoes all day! Any advice would be much...

View more questions Search