Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandarena Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Weaning kittens
    I was just wondering what is a good food to start weaning kittens on There only 4 weeks but there mother isn't milking that well so I was wanting to feed them and let them nurse too
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 13, 2006, 03:37 AM
    Any canned soft catfood will do just fine at 4 weeks.. spread it out on a paper plate and let them at it.. kittens learn to eat pretty fast once Mama is done with them. Just don't put your hands in the middle of them while they are eating.. TRUST me:eek:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 06:10 AM
    HI,
    Tried to give Stormy a comment, but said "spread it around some more". Good answer.
    I agree with the answer, and trust me, too, when I second, "Don't put your fingers in the middle of them"!
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weaning kittens [ 3 Answers ]

I have decided to keep one of the kittens from my cat's litter and need to know how to ween her from the mother. The mother cats desperately needs to get back on her Front-line. The fleas are starting to take over again and she is very allergic. She is starting to lose her hair. I do quite a...

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Weaning from Prednisone [ 6 Answers ]

How do I know when it is the right time to wean from Prednisone and what series of steps should I take to wean from 5 mg of Prednisone? (I have Polymyalgia Rhematica)

Weaning 5-week-old kitten [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been syringe-feeding an orphaned kitten since she was 2 weeks old... and she loves it. However, at nearly six weeks, she should be starting to eat some solids. I just can't get her to take any interest in it! I put basically the same stuff I'm feeding her from the syringe in a little...

Puppy not taking to weaning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am weaning my litter of puppies they are all doing fine Except one He will eat then sit in the corner and vomit he does not look good it almost seems he is alergic to the food. But he will nurse OK

View more questions Search