Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Wiring a remote control ceiling fan
    I would like to know how to wire a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a wireless remote, on a double switch. One switch turns the lights on and the other turns the fan on.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
    You do not wire remote fans this way. Remote control fans require only one master switch and the remote does all the work.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Have you bought a new remore switch and want to install it? The receiver goes in the fan, usuallly up isde the mounting ball. Coming out of the receiver the black is your hot for the light, blue is hot for the fan and white is neutral for both.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Stan is correct. What wires do you have from the fan and ceiling?

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control wiring help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise...

Westinghouse ceiling fan remote control wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Westinghouse comet ceiling fan in my bedroom which was controlled by two separate switches, one for the fan and one for the light as I entered the room. To change strength of the fan I had to use the pulley system on the fan itself. The problem is now the main switch can now only...

Wiring an add on remote control for a ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty handy (for a girl) and consider myself pretty fan hanging savvy. That said here is the problem. I am attempting to hang a ceiling fan and also install a remote control that was bought separately. I have 2 switches on the wall, one turns the fan on and off, one controls/dims the lights...

Wiring a ceiling fan with remote control [ 5 Answers ]

I have existing wiring and switches in which the two ceiling fans with lights were controlled by a switch and so were the fans. I am replacing both with remote control fans. My problem now is that the remote sensor on each fan only has a black and a white wire and from the ceiling are a black,...

How to determine wiring for ceiling fan remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Callaway I bought in 1995. Actually I have 2 of them and one is still working, but one quit working completely. The remote control receiver unit went bad and I am trying to replace it with a new Hampton Bay remote control but I cannot tell what the fan motor wires are. I...

View more questions Search