Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Limits concept
    Please help. I have attached a document if you need to see the formula in true format. You can click on the following link to view it PDF Converter and PDF writer - Neevia Technology

Problem:

(1) In relativity theory, the length of an object (for example a rocket) appears to an observer to depend on the speed at which the object is traveling with respect to the observer. If the observer measures the rocket’s length as at rest, then at speed v, the length will appear to be L=L0 √(1-(v²/c²))

where c is the speed of light in a vacuum, about 3 x 10^8 m/sec.

(a) What happens to L as v increases?

(b) Find Lim L as v approaches c-
    (c) Why was the left hand limit needed?

ii) Given the above problem, provide written responses to address the following points as precisely and thoroughly as possible.

(1) Explain the problem.

(2) What mathematical concepts apply to this problem?

(3) Explain the steps taken to solve the problem.

(4) What is the most difficult aspect of solving this problem?

(5) Explain exactly what the answer means from a mathematical perspective.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 06:01 AM
    We won't do your homework for you, however we will help if you show a goofd faith attempt to answer it yourself. For example, in part a, as increases toward , can you see that approaches 1? Don't forget that can never quite equal , and certainly can't exceed it. What happens to as approaches 1 (but doesn't exceed it)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Concept paper [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please mention what a concept paper is? What does it contain? What are the major components? Thank you very much! :D

ANALYZE the concept [ 2 Answers ]

Analyze the concept of Separation of Powers in the American democracy? What do you all think? My answer:: Help me please

Franchising concept [ 3 Answers ]

Our company is thinking of ?franchising? A specific concept. Yet we don't know where to begin or better yet if franchising is the correct terminology. Or can we just license our idea and sell it yet remain in control of the way the concept is to work? We are in unmarked territory and not sure of...

Concept paper [ 2 Answers ]

What is a concept paper? How do I write it? How can I create a thesis statement?

Under the Radical concept to solve [ 1 Answers ]

I know that under the radical, we can break it down to smaller radicals or simply into whole numbers if it's a perfect square. But, with this problem:: radical x^2-1 is it broken down separately?. if so.. the x^2 would become x, but the -1 cant... my question is, is this the simplest form...

View more questions Search