Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DENISEC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Annulment Length of Marriage
    In eas vegas, Nevada how long do you have to be married to get an annulment?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Annulment is a legal procedure for declaring a marriage null and void. I don't think there's a required time.

Grounds for a marriage being voidable or void ab initio vary in different legal jurisdictions, but are typically limited to fraud, bigamy, and mental incompetence including the following:

Either spouse was already married to someone else at the time of the marriage in question;

Either spouse was too young to be married, or too young without required court or parental consent. (In some cases, such a marriage is still valid if it continues well beyond the younger spouse's reaching marriageable age.)
    Either spouse was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the marriage;
    Either spouse was mentally incompetent at the time of the marriage;
    The consent to the marriage was based on fraud or force;
    Either spouse was physically incapable to be married (typically, chronically unable to have sexual intercourse) at the time of the marriage;
    The marriage is prohibited by law due to the relationship between the parties.
    This is the "prohibited degree of consanguinity", or blood relationship between the parties. The most common legal relationship is 2nd cousins; the legality of such relationship between 1st cousins varies around the world.
    Prisoners sentenced to a term of life imprisonment may not marry.
    Concealment (e.g. one of the parties concealed a drug addiction, prior criminal record or having a sexually transmitted disease)
    Annulment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 15, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I am not sure of the amount of time, but I do know annulments are much trickier than a divorce... much harder to get.
    Its best to find out your state's laws, to make sure what you can & cannot do. Then you can go from there.
    Here's a link I found for Nevada state law, it may help:
    Nevada Divorce Laws and Guidelines. File for Divorce in NV
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DENISEC
    In eas vegas, nevada how long do you have to be married to get an annulment?
    There is no time limit but there are several rules. A common ground for annulment is fraud. But if you live with the other party after discovering the fraud, that cannot be a basis for your annulment. Generally speaking, you stand a much better chance of getting a marriage annulled within a few weeks or months after marriage as opposed to a long marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Slope arc Length to Flat Arc Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Given parameters are:- Slope arc length Angle on Slope

Marriage Annulment [ 5 Answers ]

I married my Internet love 4 years ago in the UK. Things just didn't work out, and I left the UK after 6 months of being married. Does this mean that I can have the Marriage Can I perform a marriage Annulment. My "husband" in the UK refuse to give me a divorce, says he doesn't have to ever get...

Annulment of Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if I am expecting a baby and already have a child with my husband if we can get the marriage annulled or do we have to get divorced. There has been no cheating or fraud involved we just do not want to be married anymore what do I do get a divorce or an annulment

Marriage annulment [ 1 Answers ]

I married my husband on 01/10/06, and from day 1 he has always lied to me, we have never till this very day lived together or consummated, and I would like to know if I can obtain a marriage annulment based on this and also on the fact that he only married me to obtain his uk rights here. He is...

Marriage Annulment/divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 2 days and it feels like the biggest mistake I have ever made can I get an annulment?

View more questions Search