Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lenmccart Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Tile Sealing/Haze Remover
    I just finished grouting my bathroom and now I have to seal the stone and use the haze remover... but I don't know which one I should do first?!

Should I seal the stone/grout first or use the haze remover first?

Thanks,
    Adam
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Remove the haze first, let it dry, remove again if necessary and then seal. Wish we had talked earlier, I would have steered you to an epoxy grout that's stain proof and never needs sealing.
    lenmccart Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Thanks for the help. I did the haze remover tonight. I will do the sealer tomorrow. I put stone down, so I would have had to seal that anyway.

Any advice on sealing the stone?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Yes, you are correct but I'd still favor stainless grouts. Make sure you are totally happy with the entire haze removal before sealing. Sorry but I have not done stone in years so maybe one of the other guys will catch this post. This might help stone sealer - buyersnetwork.info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is tile bullnose baseboard installed before or after floor tile? [ 8 Answers ]

My porcelain tile comes with a bullnose that I want to use as the baseboard. I found a response to another question, stating that the floor should be installed first, but I want a grout line between the floor tile and the baseboard, it would be very hard to make it uniform if the floor is...

Cleanest method of merging between tile & drywall/tile & tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there guys, I'm drywalling my tub enclosure, preparing for tile, and I've got two questions before I continue: 1) In the past, I've simply placed the rockboard/drywall line about two inches below the terminating line of tile. Is this the best way to handle this? Do you simply bevel the...

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

View more questions Search